What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » 'Configuration' problems

'Configuration' problems
Author: Message:
Carlito_Montana

O.P. 'Configuration' problems
I cant get MSN Messenger 6.2 to work on my computer. Whenever I attempt to install it the following apppears on my screen.

'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem'.

I tried reinstalling and repairing it but it still wont work. I can still use 'windows messenger' but its not quite the same.

Any ideas?
03-19-2005 09:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user13774
Disabled Account

RE: 'Configuration' problems
Have you tried downloading it again?
03-19-2005 11:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Y2Pdogg

– / Male / –
For some people, "all of a sudden" MSN Messenger won't load but shows this error message instead:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

(or in Dutch: "De toepassing kan niet worden gestart omdat de configuratie van de toepassing onjuist is. Het opnieuw installeren van de toepassing kan dit probleem oplossen.")

If you get this error, don't uninstall the software yet, but go to http://messenger.msn.com and download MSN Messenger again. When the download has completed, a dialog window will appear asking if you want to Repair or Remove. Select Repair and your MSN Messenger should be loading perfectly again afterwards

Credit: mess.be
03-19-2005 05:43 PM
Carlito_Montana

O.P. RE: 'Configuration' problems
Hi. Thanks for the assistance. I tried downloading it againa and repairing but it still wont work.
03-20-2005 05:23 PM
Stijn

Just Me

32 / Male / –
2 bad try system restore......not like it'll help but u can always try....bttr than dieing from not being able 2 use msn msgr!!! LOL
03-20-2005 07:37 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: