What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Email notification does not work properly

Email notification does not work properly
Author: Message:
T-PO

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Email notification does not work properly
I think I found something:

When I click the email notification in the contactlist and my POP3 accounts do not have any new emails Messenger opens IE with my hotmail inbox.
As soon as one of my POP3 accounts has a new email, messenger opens Outlook (which I configured to open).
I do not think this behaviour is by design. I would like to open ALWAYS the configured email client, because from there I can download emails from all my accounts (including Hotmail...)

Can anyone confirm this? And if so... can it be changed to ALWAYS open the configured email client...

Thanx in advance,

T-PO

Messenger 6.2
MsgPlus! 3.5
latest Stuffplugg - NG
Some other plugins...

This post was edited on 03-19-2005 at 02:58 PM by T-PO.
03-19-2005 02:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
RE: Email notification does not work properly
Well, this is because (M) MSN Messenger is designed to work with IE, and when you click on the email notificaction in the contact list you are using MSN Messengers's feature and not Plus!' s wich is the one you use when click on the new mail notification of a POP3 account.

Plus! doesn't mess up (M), so you can't change how the mail notification in the contactlist works. With StuffPlugNG you could change the browser, but only that.
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
03-20-2005 07:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: