What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Multi Account Login Troubles!

Multi Account Login Troubles!
Author: Message:
Wizard

Mutant Hired Gun

O.P. Multi Account Login Troubles!
I run Win2k. Just recently I installed MSN Messenger 7.0.0429 and then Messenger Plus! 3.50.124. :D

I have several email accounts. Gmail - pop3, Yahoo - pop3 and Hotmail x 3. The Hotmail ones are a bit outdated and I dont use them much but I still get occasional email through them. I dont want to go and open all the Hotmail accounts in IE a couple of times a day just on the off chance there may be a new email there so I figured I could use MSN Messenger to check them. :)

For the above purpose I installed two plugins. First jnrzloader so I can open multiple instances of MSN Messenger (one additional for each Hotmail account). This works reasonably well as I can stick 4 jnrzloader instances into sturtup folder and it also presets all the logins to "Appear Offline". First instance checks my Gmail and Yahoo mail while the other 3 check one Hotmail account each. :)

This is where I start getting confused. All 4 MSN Messenger instances want to login as the last account login used. So to get arround that I installed another plugin "Pass Reminder". I expected that I could get each instance of the MSN Messenger to load automaticaly as one of the 4 passport accounts. Well it seems that this last plugin "Pass Reminder doesnt do anything as all four instances still behave the same as before trying to login as the last account I used to login. :S

What am I doing wrong and how can I set it up so that it does what I want it to do? :^)

I did a lot of serching and reading on the forums and that is how I came up with the above solutions but now I am stuck. Can someone help me please with some instructions?

This post was edited on 03-20-2005 at 06:13 AM by Wizard.
03-20-2005 06:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
RE: Multi Account Login Troubles!
I think you can't log automatically with 4 accounts, because only one password/account can be saved on the registry.
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
03-20-2005 07:16 AM
Wizard

Mutant Hired Gun

O.P. RE: Multi Account Login Troubles!
The "Pass Reminder" pluging offers the facility to remember mutiple accounts and passwords. The ony practical use for this facility, as far as I can see, would be for that info to be used for login purposes.

If what you are saying is true then what is the purpose of the plugin?
03-20-2005 10:57 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: