What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Emote Sound Further Ideas

Emote Sound Further Ideas
Author: Message:
Beastemall

O.P. Emote Sound Further Ideas
Hey,

I hope these haven't already been mentioned before (and I haven't been stupid and quoted an idea that already exists) but I've had a few ideas on some mods that could be included in the next release of plus...let me know what you think...

1) Emote sound activation via txt ('tags'). They act just like custom emote icons but you could have some sort of prefix like ( s:hello: )

2) Mute button (per user and/or global) - when I play my music loud it would scare the sh*t out of me if msn suddenly made a noise. This could be an option in preferences perhaps which integrates with the "What I am listening to" part of msn and then auto mutes when a song is on.

3) Emote Sounds could possibly be linked with Notifications of user sign ons etc.

4) An option to select whether you want to auto-accept the file onto your emote sound list. At the moment it seems regardless of preference, the sound is auto added to your list. Some sounds I like from friends, others are cheesy and I'd prefer not to have them. It could be so that once you've accepted it, it won't ask you again and the sounds work just like they do at the moment. It's only for new sounds. Of course you can still have it so it auto accepts all sounds.

5) A possible block sounds for specific users (user mute - see 2.). Some users think they are funny and keep sending sounds to you which could get annoying but you might still want to chat via txt.

6) Enable preview mode should turn off when you close emote sound window down. I got in a pickle at one time where I was unable to send a sound to a user and I was confused as to why. I later realised that I'd accidently clicked the preview icon and it had stayed on, even after I exited msn and reopened it again.

7) A maybe: have the ability to include the sound imbedded in txt. You could have a bit of a sentence before hand and then it plays the sound with the txt you have typed. eg. "Hey Bob s:hello:, how are you today?"

That's all about what I can think of right now. I don't know if they are possible or if people would fancy having them. I just spent this morning messing around with it and amusing myself and thought I'd reflect on the experience.

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers,

Dave

This post was edited on 03-24-2005 at 04:15 PM by Beastemall.
03-24-2005 04:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kruxx

RE: Emote Sound Further Ideas
Some very nice suggestions there, would be cool to see any of them implemented
03-24-2005 09:22 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Like the ideas they're!!! hopefully patchou will read this and include them later?:):):)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-24-2005 09:25 PM
amsie

MsN RoCkS mY WoRlD :D

33 / Female / –
kool suggestion i would like to see patchou to mayb include some of these in the near future if he does i cant wait for it to come out
[Image: amsie7kj.png]
03-25-2005 05:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: