What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Automatically block specific transfer requests (suggestion)

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Automatically block specific transfer requests (suggestion)
Author: Message:
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Automatically block specific transfer requests (suggestion)
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
The latest leaked beta may have that feature added with no obvious way to turn it off, but I would have thought there'd be something hidden deep down that will turn it off.
Anyway, if someone really does want to send an executable, then they just ZIP it.
I don't want to zip a single exe file everytime I have to send a exe file to someone!.. That's crap!!!... I am a programmer and many of my contacts on msn help me out testing stuff on different systems, I don't want to zip the exe file each 5 minuttes i've done something new in the program to see if it works...
I don't want to Compile -> Zip -> send and then on the other side -> Extract -> Run... The zip and extract part is not needed... I fM$ doesn't change this or some patch pr whatever is able to change this, then I'm NOT gonna update!!!!... The idea of blocking files is ok, but then they at least needs a enable/disable, only block .xxx files, etc... If they don't do this!!! Then they can go f**k them selfs!...
And now people are going to say: "If you don't want to zip and extract, just rename the file to another filename and then send it, and the other person just renames it back to .exe..."... Yes of course this is correct!.. But I don't want that, it should all just be plain and simple, send, recieve, run... I don't need no stinky Blocker to control what I should send/recieve....
But ok, lets see where this is heading, hopefully m$ will of course make a config screen for this... :D... this is just a beta only avaible to a few people (officially! :P) so many things can still change...
Yep, I was also thinking the same when I read the news at mess.be.

TB, please, do your stuff :)
We count on you!

M$ should at least make an registry option to disale this...

I never got any virus via msn... ^o)
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
03-23-2005 01:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
The latest leaked beta may have that feature added with no obvious way to turn it off, but I would have thought there'd be something hidden deep down that will turn it off.
Anyway, if someone really does want to send an executable, then they just ZIP it.
I don't want to zip a single exe file everytime I have to send a exe file to someone!.. That's crap!!!... I am a programmer and many of my contacts on msn help me out testing stuff on different systems, I don't want to zip the exe file each 5 minuttes i've done something new in the program to see if it works...
I don't want to Compile -> Zip -> send and then on the other side -> Extract -> Run... The zip and extract part is not needed... I fM$ doesn't change this or some patch pr whatever is able to change this, then I'm NOT gonna update!!!!... The idea of blocking files is ok, but then they at least needs a enable/disable, only block .xxx files, etc... If they don't do this!!! Then they can go f**k them selfs!...
And now people are going to say: "If you don't want to zip and extract, just rename the file to another filename and then send it, and the other person just renames it back to .exe..."... Yes of course this is correct!.. But I don't want that, it should all just be plain and simple, send, recieve, run... I don't need no stinky Blocker to control what I should send/recieve....
But ok, lets see where this is heading, hopefully m$ will of course make a config screen for this... :D... this is just a beta only avaible to a few people (officially! :P) so many things can still change...
That's where free webhosting can be helpful - every time you update, upload, then get people to download. Probably faster than MSN P2P transfers anyway.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-25-2005 08:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
crank

Failed to come back here :(

34 / Male / Flag
The protection isn't so hard (from what i've seen...) it's usgin the files that some windows setting blocks (you can see it on winxp pro i think not in the home edition anyways (:() and you can just clear that list though it's best you don't cuz that list is not just for msn...
something using shlwAPI ;)

Not that i know what to do with it or how to do it (:( can't program)
I haven't been active here in ages.
If you're wondering who i am, read my reputations. I used to make plugins, skins and spam the IRC channels here back in the good old days before Windows Live.
03-25-2005 08:19 PM
DJHasis

Oooh what does this button do??!!

– / Male / –
RE: RE: [updated 01/04/05] A-Paatch v1.08 - Removed File Protection
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
Added a new feature "Remove File Transfer Protection" for version 7.0.0732 - thanks to bedrock :)

View first post
I don't know how but Ahmad has found a way how to crack the protection. ^o)
Tears of saddness but laughter of maddness but be ready cause he may come near you.
Harry the harassment Panda
04-05-2005 12:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Do we really need Microsoft (MSN) to do all this...why don't they just give more attention to the AV option thats already there in MSN Messenger (tools > options > filetransfer)? Maybe make it autodetect the AV prog you're using and turn that on by default (more n00bproof). Ofcourse new virusses won't be detected immediately by AV programs, but it is a way to be more secure without forcing things upon us as forbidden (ofcourse the user is responsible for keeping virusdefinitions up to date too).

If they block certain things without an option to enable/disable it (without having to use a plugin or a patch), i think they are going the wrong way.

Also i think if you use IM programs you should be aware of virusses/risks similar as when you use P2P programs. If you are not expecting a file then don't accept it, certainly if it's the first thing sent in a message (loads get send when infected person gets online).

What about kids then you say? Well, teach them the risks or don't allow them to go on without supervision.

This post was edited on 04-05-2005 at 12:37 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-05-2005 12:33 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: