What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN7 Crashes with Webcam

MSN7 Crashes with Webcam
Author: Message:
alebowgm

O.P. MSN7 Crashes with Webcam
Ever since I have moved over to MSN 7 from 6.2, my webcam will crash when I am in a conversation where both myself and the other user have webcams working. We are both on high speed modems, XP SP2, latest MSN 7 with latest Plus! and Stuffplug-NG plugins but it keeps on happening, normally 5-10 minutes into the conversation.

Both our webcams are Logitech (one is a Quickcam Messenger, mine is a Quickcam Pro 3000), and being that MSN 7 is 'powered by Logitech' I didnt think there would be any issues.

Any help is appreciated...
03-25-2005 04:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam
quote:
Originally posted by alebowgm
Ever since I have moved over to MSN 7 from 6.2, my webcam will crash when I am in a conversation where both myself and the other user have webcams working. We are both on high speed modems, XP SP2, latest MSN 7 with latest Plus! and Stuffplug-NG plugins but it keeps on happening, normally 5-10 minutes into the conversation.

Both our webcams are Logitech (one is a Quickcam Messenger, mine is a Quickcam Pro 3000), and being that MSN 7 is 'powered by Logitech' I didnt think there would be any issues.

Any help is appreciated...

ye had the same thing, and i wasnt the only one.. i think the msn 7 beta has a problem.. not with everyone but with some.. dunno why thought.. any one has a clue?
03-25-2005 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
i dunno, i found this on mess.be
http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/idx/0/091/arti...senger_7_BETA.html

it basically lists all the bugs in msn beta :-/ .. the web cam thing is # 30.
i have not been able to find a solution on the internet as of yet, so here is the quote from the link that i posted above :lol::

"These things happen (but not necessarily always and on every system) and are expected to be fixed in the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 in (April?) 2005"

sorry :sad:
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-25-2005 05:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
i dunno, i found this on mess.be
http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/idx/0/091/arti...senger_7_BETA.html

it basically lists all the bugs in msn beta :-/ .. the web cam thing is # 30.
i have not been able to find a solution on the internet as of yet, so here is the quote from the link that i posted above :lol::

"These things happen (but not necessarily always and on every system) and are expected to be fixed in the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 in (April?) 2005"

sorry :sad:

hum.. ye.. oki well.. its ok.. ill live throught it.. waiting for the final version to b released.. :) is so long thought!!
03-25-2005 05:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
phy

38 / Female / –
Umm I don't know if this will help or not but MSN doesn't support 256 colour mode. I think to use it's audio and video features, you have to set your colour quality to 16-bit. Myself I've been having the same problem with MSN crashing when I use my webcam or transfer files and I have 6.2 installed. I changed my colour quality settings and now I'm waiting for somebody to come online so I can see if it made a difference or not. Regardless, this is getting traumatizing now lol :$
03-25-2005 01:59 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Mine used to crash when the person closed off their webcam, but it seems to work now... wait for the official release of MSN then it probably will work again :) Don't forget that they are in BETA testing at the mo :)
03-25-2005 02:02 PM
phy

38 / Female / –
You know, it's kind of weird because I was originally using the 7.0 beta version and then one day it wouldn't let me log in at all so i decided to go back to 6.2. I didn't like it as much so then I thought I'd upgrade back to 7.0 and it doesn't let me do anything. As soon as I log in, it just sits there :S . I try to open up a conversation and it crashes :$
03-25-2005 02:07 PM
alebowgm

O.P. RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam
Obviously, I am not using 256 colors, I am up to 32bit Colors at a Screen Resolution of 1600-by-1200 pixles.

Just a real pain in the ass that it doesnt work. You would think it would be one of the main things they would want to fix...
03-25-2005 06:16 PM
vincerooney

You say you're using the latest msn 7? Surely then that'd be an illegal beta you're using. I don't think we can really complain about things not working on msn 7 since its still only a beta and still hasnt been officially released.
03-26-2005 02:05 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Yeah, unfourtunately you have to wait for the official release of MSN, which is planned for April... It's probably a minor bug which has been fixed now :)
03-26-2005 03:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: