What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Anyone have any ideas for features that should be added, improved, changed in MSN Msg

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Anyone have any ideas for features that should be added, improved, changed in MSN Msg
Author: Message:
TheGeek

Excuse my geekyness.

33 / Male / –
RE: Anyone have any ideas for features that should be added, improved, changed in MSN Msg
I think so, you can paste html in aim, but i'm not sure about the images.
[Image: 468x60banner.png]
03-27-2005 03:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Odium696

Just... Me...

37 / Male / –
RE: Anyone have any ideas for features that should be added, improved, changed in MSN Msg
1- being able to add your own Animated Display pic
2- Like a messenger Hold mail or somethin (Dond know how to name it :P), anyway the Idia is that if you have something inportant or whatever you could send a messange to the person and when he/she gets online he/she will recive it!
I know plus does something like that, but you have to be online for the message to be sent, and I what to also be offline!
03-27-2005 03:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I believe they should rethink the blocked files... maybe have an option saying that you understand the risks but still which to send and receive these files
03-27-2005 05:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Odium696
1- being able to add your own Animated Display pic
2- Like a messenger Hold mail or somethin (Dond know how to name it :P), anyway the Idia is that if you have something inportant or whatever you could send a messange to the person and when he/she gets online he/she will recive it!
I know plus does something like that, but you have to be online for the message to be sent, and I what to also be offline!

from looking at the code there seems to be somthing like this planned ive seen it mentioned

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I believe they should rethink the blocked files... maybe have an option saying that you understand the risks but still which to send and receive these files

i think that mostly this is to do with copyright issues thats why they blocked mp3 and exe, but its also a virus thing
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
03-27-2005 06:50 PM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
i hate it when you click anywhere and it opens that group:(:P
03-27-2005 06:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
ive read that somewhere on this forum,

the accept of decline option for saving the convos, that would be cool :) also how about offline messaging utility like yahoo! messenger?!
03-28-2005 06:17 PM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Anyone have any ideas for features that should be added, improved, changed in MSN Msg
thanks for all your replies. It is really helping a lot. Anyone have any more ideas
03-28-2005 06:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
If there was one feature I'd really like to see it would be resumeable file transfers. I know it's in File Transfer Plus, but that only works if your contact also has it.

Just a way that all transfers have an option to resume at a later time, and when you close the window it will ask you if you want to resume any of them at another time.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
03-28-2005 06:48 PM
ProblemWv Authority

34 / Male / Flag
These are the features I would like to be incorperated into MSN Messenger in the future:
  • A choise to disable the extension blocking or the whole feature changed so that instead of blockin the extensions it alerts the user with a warning about the file and how it may be unsafe.
  • Animated .GIF's allowed in display pictures.
  • The choise to alert your contact if you are blocking them.
  • The ability to share images from remote servers (on the internet) by inserting the URL of the image.
  • The ability to add multiple emoticons at once.
  • Be able to add Sub groups in your contact list.
I can't think of any more at the moment but when I do I'll add.

This post was edited on 03-28-2005 at 07:04 PM by ProblemWv Authority.
www.myspace.com/farewellcity
03-28-2005 06:49 PM
xsRush

Australian Member

45 / Male / –
In a multi-person convo the display pictures should only start to get smaller as more an more people enter the convo. (not sure how it would be in use though.)

Be able to move the text field without the display picture moving with it.

Be able to have multi-person webcam chats in one convo window. (maybe pick who see's the cam, if you don't get picked you see staic display picture.)

Be able to send a file to someone in a multi-person convo (pick the person like you do in File Transfer plus)

Be able to change the colour of your contact window (main window) like you can do with the convo window.

Be able to have subgroups in your contact list.

Be able to see the local time of your contacts in there Contact Cards.

Be able to open links in your default browser.

That will do for now.
I'm not sure how all would work, seeing as this is not to the MSN Team it don't really matter.
If they did add anything, i'm sure they would do it in a nice/good way.
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 8.0.0566
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.61.0145
Plugin's: StuffPlug-NG, File Transfer Plus.
03-28-2005 06:51 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: