What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Multiple send message Places. what you think?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Multiple send message Places. what you think?
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Multiple send message Places. what you think?
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
would it be possible to add another tab like where the handwriting tab is where there is another place for text becaus ei hate it when your trying to write something and you have to delete it and answer what your contact has put...if there was another text space you could switch to that tab, send the message and switch back to what you were writing...

what do you think?

idea seems cool.. imma try that info pen thing, sounds nice!
03-28-2005 05:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Hmm... It might be possible for me to make a plugin that would let you configure keyboard shortcuts to copy the current text from the conversation, save it and then get it back again using another keyboard shortcut.. this way you could copy/paste multiple texts... I'm not sure if it's possible for me to read what's written in the text area.. But another solution for your problem could also just be: Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, Type new text, send it, Ctrl + V... your problem will be solved????...
03-28-2005 03:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
would it be possible to add another tab like where the handwriting tab is where there is another place for text becaus ei hate it when your trying to write something and you have to delete it and answer what your contact has put...if there was another text space you could switch to that tab, send the message and switch back to what you were writing...

what do you think?
A) I think this can't be done with a plugin (the extra tab that is)

B) The plugin would also require keystrokes to be activated, hence it isn't a solution at all.

C) You can easly use copy/paste shortcuts to obtain what you want like (CyBeRDuDe) said.

And if you find it hard to use the letters (A, C, V) because you need your two hands, or need to move your hands to much you can use the navigation keys above your arrow keys.

eg:
You're writing: "Hello, my name is may73....."
Your contact asks: "How old are you?"
You can easly answer by:
* <HOME><SHIFT+END><CTRL+INS> (this will select and copy everything you've written so far)
* Write your answer: "I'm 15 years old" and press <ENTER>
* <SHIFT+INS> (this will paste back your previous writing in to the typing area)

In this way you only have to use your right hand. And it wouldn't even move that much while doing it. It is an extremely fast way, if you are used to it. Also, when you are used to using such keyboard shortcuts you'll notice that you can navigate and use Windows much much faster then with a mouse only...

note: <CTRL+INS> and <SHIFT+INS> often also work in places and programs where <CTRL+C> and <CTRL+V> don't.

This post was edited on 03-28-2005 at 09:46 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-28-2005 09:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kruxx

I made somethin real quick just to show (see attachment).

I missed a button out that I can't be bothered to change just now, and I wanted to rename the 'copy' button something more suitable.

Ok explanation, whilst typing normal you type away la di da, then you get this other message and dont want to delete everything you say, so you press a button (the one I forgot to put in) UNDER the 'Send' button, which sends the text you were inputting to the box next to it.

When you're ready to resume typing that text, you press the other button (in this case 'Copy' (you see why I wanted to rename it)) and it sends the text back to the main typing field.

Is this what you meant?

.jpg File Attachment: screeny1.jpg (57.9 KB)
This file has been downloaded 138 time(s).
03-28-2005 10:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Well, that can't be done with a decent plugin or something like that though. And it wont be added by MSN Messenger either because something like this will not very often be used. Idea is nice, but not practible IMO.

(like CyBeRDuDe and I said, learn to use the keyboard, it would be 10 times faster then using your mouse or any other plugin/addon/something)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-29-2005 05:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kruxx

Yeah I do use the keyboard which is why the 1st reply I gave was to c+p it. Just trying to figure out what he/she meant y'know....
03-29-2005 08:24 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: