What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Some tutorials

Some tutorials
Author: Message:
mazz0

O.P. Some tutorials
If a mod could make this thread sticky it might prove helpful in the future.  Oh, but I haven't actualy scoured the forum to see if it's been dealt with before, if it has then maybe that thread should be made sticky.

Thing is I realised to make the mod I want to make I'll need to do some simple file IO, writing strings to a text files and reading them back in, (if it would automatically seperate the strings at a certain character like space or comma that would be lovely) so I had a quick google which wasn't very helpfull (I'll go narrow it down soon) so what I thought I'd ask on the forum is this:

Can anyone link me to some nice C++ tutorials.  Not for absolute beginers, but for people who have programmed in other langauges but just dont' know the specifics of C++.

Although if anyone can also tell me exactly how to do file simple file IO that would be great :p

This post was edited on 04-11-2005 at 04:28 PM by mazz0.
04-11-2005 04:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: Some tutorials
Check Planet Source Code... The biggest collection of Souce code/snippets for almost EVERY programming language!

This post was edited on 04-11-2005 at 05:03 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
04-11-2005 04:42 PM
mazz0

O.P. RE: Some tutorials
"Get some tutorials"

Yeah thanks, what a great idea, I should have though of that before I posted.  Oh wait, THAT WAS THE POINT OF MY POST!

Thanks for the link, I'm checking that out now.  I must disagree though, I think it would make a lot of sense to have a thread that links new plugin writers who are familiar with other languages to some C++ tutorials.  You don't have to contribute if you don't want to be helpful, but it would save lots of people doing the same google search wouldn't it?  And of course people here might know which tutorials are likely to be more helpful than others.  I really don't see how you can argue against being helpful, it's not like it does any harm is it?
04-11-2005 04:57 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Some tutorials
Or, just find the part of MSDN that deals with file I/O, and link to that.
This page gives access to all the Win32 API functions for anything you ever want to do with files (searched MSDN for DeleteFile).
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-11-2005 10:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: