What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » tool bar probs with msn 7/Update

tool bar probs with msn 7/Update
Author: Message:
horatiosgal

60 / Female / –
O.P. tool bar probs with msn 7/Update
Since downloading 7 BETA everytime I use the net my home page pops up (google) and then at the bottom of my screen I get a tool bar which according to my Microsoft spyware remover (BETA) is related to my Messenger Plus.... I am not a techy in anyway shape or form!! Does anyone else have this problem and how do I get rid of it????

Many thanks Sara
:S

This post was edited on 03-31-2005 at 08:43 AM by horatiosgal.
03-30-2005 12:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: tool bar probs with msn 7
You accidently installed the sponsor..to remove it go to start > controlpanel > add/remove programs..select Messenger Plus, then choose uninstall sponsor only and follow instructions. Note if you have used an ad/spyware removal program you need to reinstall Plus! with sponsor again first, then do the steps above (make sure your internetbrowser is fully closed - from systray aswell - on uninstalling).

Also see: http://dr4g0n.sytes.net/dev/sponsor.html

This post was edited on 03-30-2005 at 12:30 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-30-2005 12:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
horatiosgal

60 / Female / –
O.P. RE: tool bar probs with msn 7
Hi Sunshine! Thanks for your post, I have removed plus from my system, but am still getting problems with the bar appearing, I have just run my Microsoft spyware remover again and yet again it has found a medium threat in my registery associated with messenger plus!!! At my wits end now...... might just get rid of 7 and be done with it...... any other suggestions???
03-31-2005 08:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: tool bar probs with msn 7/Update
There's three possible things that could have caused this:
1. You used an ad/spyware removal program, this criples the uninstaller (solution: install Plus! again with sponsor then uninstall).
2. Your internetbrowser wasn't fully closed (total exit, from systray too...remember: what's in use can't be deleted).
3. The searchbar came from another program.

Try installing Plus! again with sponsor, and uninstall again (this time make sure your internetbrowser isn't running).

If all that fails you can use the lop uninstaller: http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe (direct download link)

Note: you can use Plus! without it's optional sponsor aswell. All you have to do for that is choose NO on the agreement (but first get rid of this searchbar) ;)

This post was edited on 03-31-2005 at 09:27 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-31-2005 09:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: