What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » sweet_thing7 virus?

sweet_thing7 virus?
Author: Message:
Steven

Phillup you little devil you/..

30 / Male / –
O.P. sweet_thing7 virus?
hey, i heard that virus is a hoax, is this true?
[Image: sig2ni2.gif] 
03-31-2005 12:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: sweet_thing7 virus?
This is a very old "virus".

The thing you can read everywhere on forums around the net is that you must not add "sweet_ting7@msn.com", "sweet_thing@msn.com", etc... to your contacts, because it is a virus....

I don't know for in the past (but I highly doubt it), but today when you add someone to your contactlist, there is no chance at all that you'll be infected automatically. A contact can not run anything on your PC just be being added by you.

What can happen is that by adding "it", "it" also knows your msn addy and spread that to spam machines, or at the worst simply block your msn account for a while (because it tries multiple times to change your password; and after a while msn will temporary block your msn addy then). But that isn't by far a virus...

IMO, this is indeed nothing more then a hoax, like there are so many "don't add xxxx@xxx.com" hoaxes. And useually such things start by somebody who is mad about the person with the addy xxxx@xxx.com, and then start to spread such false rumours. And we all know how people believe such things immediatly and what happens next...

IF such a virus would exist in some magical way, then it can and will easly be blocked by MSN itself.

So, no worries...

This post was edited on 03-31-2005 at 12:54 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-31-2005 12:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: