What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Pope

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Pope
Author: Message:
Pinchichuv

Viva Mexico y sus mojados

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Pope
I think in this moments we could all pray for the health of the Pope cause i think his a very important person in the world and he an make a lot of difference in every single way, he can make people to believe again, he prays for he wealth of the people every day and he keeps doing it and i think its our time to pray for him.

and this is some thing i found in www.msn.com and i like to share it with you

VATICAN CITY - Pope John Paul II developed a high fever Thursday because of a urinary tract infection and was being treated with antibiotics at the Vatican, his spokesman said. The latest health setback for the 84-year-old pontiff came one day after he began receiving nutrition through a feeding tube.

Early Friday morning, a Polish priest who works at the Vatican told reporters that John Paul’s condition improved after he was given medication.

“The pope’s health is stabilizing,” said Father Konrad Hejmo, who is in charge of Polish pilgrims to the Vatican and has close ties to the pontiff’s inner circle.

Hejmo said the pope’s latest health crisis came about because he had lost 42 pounds after his recent throat surgery, and because of a reaction to having a feeding tube inserted into his stomach on Wednesday.

After the pope's health deteriorated on Thursday night, an emergency room chief at the  Gemelli Polyclinic, the hospital where the pope has been treated before, said there were no plans to admit John Paul “at the moment,” the news agency ANSA reported.

His assessment could mean that the Vatican medical staff feels confident it can handle the latest medical crisis with the sophisticated medical equipment installed at the Vatican. But it could also mean that the pope’s condition was considered so precarious it would be better not to move him immediately.

Faithful gather at St. Peter’s
At the edge of St. Peter’s Square, hundreds of people gathered early Friday in a sign of concern over the pope’s fragile condition. A few kneeled down on the cobblestones to pray, others wrapped blankets around themselves as they prepared to keep vigil throughout the night.

“There’s nothing we can do but pray. We’re all upset,” said Agriculture Minister Giovanni Alemanno, who was in the crowd.

“I was in the car and I heard on the radio about the grave condition of the pope. I immediately thought I would come to St. Peter’s,” said Antonio Ceresa, a Roman.

Police barriers kept the faithful and curious out of the square itself.

Report: ‘Last rites’ administered
Italian media reported that the pope John Paul has received the Roman Catholic sacrament reserved for the sick and dying. The sacrament, which involves anointing the sick person with special oils, was once called last rites. It is now known as the Sacrament of the Infirm.

A Vatican spokesman said he could not confirm the reports but Church sources said it was likely the Pontiff had received the sacrament, given the precarious state of his health.

The sacrament is often misunderstood as signaling imminent death. But it is performed not only for patients at the point of death, but also for those who are very sick — and it may be repeated.

The last time the Pope was known to have received the sacrament was on May 13, 1981, the day he was shot and nearly killed in an assassination attempt in St Peter’s Square.

This post was edited on 04-01-2005 at 04:56 AM by Pinchichuv.
[Image: equipo_cimarrones_mxl.jpg]

04-01-2005 03:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
RE: Pope
You forgot the important part that starts the discussion.
Everyone can copy and paste some piece of news onto the forums, I'm glad you can too.

rrrright....third try. I can't see the spam in this post, so why should it get deleted ?
It's my opinion on this thread and doesn't violate any rule.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
04-01-2005 04:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
poor pope the end is near :( get well soon pope
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
04-01-2005 05:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
Bring in a New Pope i say :P
04-01-2005 05:49 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Demz
Or just non at all. ~_^ Seriously, we can live without one.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

04-01-2005 06:11 AM
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
quote:
Originally posted by Demz
Or just non at all. ~_^ Seriously, we can live without one.
no we need a new pope that actually kind of young but we need one
then I wouldnt have an avatar

This post was edited on 04-01-2005 at 06:55 AM by *Saint*.
04-01-2005 06:55 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
I think in this moments we could all pray for the health of the Pope cause i think his a very important person in the world and he an make a lot of difference in every single way, he can make people to believe again
belive in what? he dosn't brain wash people , people belive if they want to not because some old guy says a few words , he may be a role model for some but in reaility all he is is a old guy who is dieing.

sorry I just have a thing agienst some of the ways of christionaty and how people try to spread it such...
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
04-01-2005 06:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
people should die soner or later, we can't stop that.
of coure i'm going to be sad  when the Pope die and i pray for hem
This Pope open the church with many ideas and know, maybe, the church is goingo to "close" again:(
04-01-2005 09:07 AM
Pinchichuv

Viva Mexico y sus mojados

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Pope
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
belive in what? he dosn't brain wash people , people belive if they want to not because some old guy says a few words , he may be a role model for some but in reaility all he is is a old guy who is dieing.

sorry I just have a thing agienst some of the ways of christionaty and how people try to spread it such...

i respect you're point off view, and like you say he is a old guy who is dieing, but this "old guy" has helpped a lot of people who needed it, he has suffer a lot, did you know that i htink in 1981 some guy try to kill him and shot him twice and he forgot him, he went to prison and forgot the man that tried to kill him, and a lot of people when they see the Pope they feel relax and like every thing its ok. And i know alot of people are against the way this religion is but this is the way it is and we can change it, personaly i dont like a lot of things but i have faith and believe in Good, Virgin Mary, Jesus, Virgin de Guadalupe and the Pope and other saint (im not saying that the Pope its a Saint) but thats just my point off view and like i say i respect you'res
[Image: equipo_cimarrones_mxl.jpg]

04-01-2005 09:13 AM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
the church is goingo to "close" again

:|

So you think millions of people are going to suddenly decide to stop believing in God and whatever just because someone has died?
04-01-2005 09:31 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: