What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger paid service

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
MSN Messenger paid service
Author: Message:
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger paid service
quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
It could be a april fool since TB lives in the GMT+1 timzone which now is under DST, and that means he is like 8 hours beyond the servertime. But i dont know...
Glad to see someone else has noticed the date.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-01-2005 10:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
Good reason to Use Open Source , who really needs all these New Features anyway?.. i dont.. can get away with MSN messenger file transfers/Display Pics. but i'd jsut use AIM/ICQ/Yahoo , but this move doesnt suprise me  microsoft doing this.. look at the 2 MSN Messenger 7 clients they got.. the 7.0.0732 is prolly gonna be the Paid service one.. the Public beta of 7 will be the Basic prolly.
04-01-2005 10:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Today's date: 1st April 2005.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-01-2005 11:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
tis  pretty mean joke if it is a Joke, but i somewhat dont think it could be.
04-01-2005 11:22 AM
user35870
Disabled Account

If msn messenger becomes a paid service I will most likely move to yahoo messenger.

This post was edited on 04-01-2005 at 11:23 AM by user35870.
04-01-2005 11:22 AM
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
lol that will neveer happen it is april fools you know
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
04-01-2005 11:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion

lol that will neveer happen it is april fools you know

wouldnt laff at it yet. wait til lwe here more from TB if he has anything new to report, if not then maybe put it down to a Joke
04-01-2005 11:33 AM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
umm wtf

quote:
Originally posted by http://msnblog.stuffplug.com

Exclusive: MSN Messenger 7 on CD-ROM?
April 1st, 2005 by jon

As a follow-up to TheBlasphemer’s post earlier about MSN Messenger going as a pay-only service it appears that MSN will be offering a downloadable MSN Messenger client from their website, known as MSN Messenger 7 Standard, whilst to pay for extra functionality, users will be expected to purchase a boxed edition of the messenger client known as MSN Messenger 7 Premium that can be purchased by mail-order directly from Microsoft from certain countries and will be available for purchase from computer stores worldwide. There will also be MSN Messenger 7 System targeted at corporate users who need to use the Live Communication Server connection facility.

Although prices have not yet been confirmed, from an internal e-mail that has been leaked by Microsoft to the internet within the last couple of hours, it appears that MSN Messenger 7 Premium will retail at around £19.99 in the UK with users being eligible for all Version 7 updates before expecting to pay for an upgrade to the inevitable MSN Messenger 8. The e-mail also indicates that MSN Messenger 7 Permium will adopt the controversial product activation such as that used by Windows and Office. MSN Messenger 7 Premium is scheduled to be RTM (released to manufacturers) by March 1st and should be in shops mid-March. Microsoft were keen to point out to users that although they do not have to upgrade, many features they are used to will only be made available to Premium users and that the Standard edition will still be made available for download from their website, though only to users who agree to use the “Genuine Advantage” scheme which is currently being tested by Microsoft at their download site to ensure that users are using a legal copy of Windows.

On a side note, bewildered IRC users have already been discussing exactly why Microsoft find it necessary to use an entire CD-ROM for a 7mb application, although it has been rumoured that Microsoft may add around 50mb of complementary extras for Premium users.

We are currently trying to get hold of some rumoured box-shots that have been circulating on the internet and hope to post them when they become available! Stay tuned!

releasing it on CD :/
04-01-2005 11:39 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
dunno if i'd buy it.. stik to the free version . i dont need all that other crap like winks an Nudges, trillian would do me fine i think .
04-01-2005 11:52 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
The more and more this goes on, I've changed my mind. If the developers have heard about these plans, I doubt it would be only TB who would have heard about it. Until I hear something more offical, I'm just going to ignore this...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-01-2005 11:56 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: