What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN signs out whenever screen saver comes on

MSN signs out whenever screen saver comes on
Author: Message:
Kris

– / Female / –
O.P. MSN signs out whenever screen saver comes on
It only started doing this a week ago - anyone have any idea how to stop it? It signs back in automatically when the screen saver goes.... Thanks
04-01-2005 10:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN signs out whenever screen saver comes on
I think it,s normal, I belive your scren save happens when your pc starts to log off or hibernate no? so of course your internet connection is going to break, and your msn connection will eventually too ;-) jjust sit your screen saver a lil l8er by going in proprietes after clicking right click on anywhere on your desktop then go in screen saver ;-) hope i helped !
04-02-2005 02:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: MSN signs out whenever screen saver comes on
does this happen everytime the screensaver comes on?

that is strange. your msn should not sign out JUST because the "screensaveer comes on". --> make sure that your computer does not enter standby. :-/

which operating system do you have? what options do you have enabled with the screensaver?

i am not sure how it works in windows 2000 if you have it. but in xp your programs should continue working in the background when the screensaver is running (even if you enabled the option to password protect your computer ie. 'on resume display login screen')

i believe (correct me if i'm wrong) that your interntet connection should be running UNLESS you log off the user or you enter standby. :-/

Edit: to me it completely sounds like your computer enters "standby"

Edit 2: you can disable that by following lp15's directions above (right click on desktop, go to screen-saver) and press on the power button on the right bottom corner of the display. there you have an option to disable your computer from entering standby.

This post was edited on 04-02-2005 at 02:33 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

04-02-2005 02:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kris

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: MSN signs out whenever screen saver comes on
Thanks, but I have XP and the computer definately doesn't go on standby, and I haven't activated the password. The internet connection remains - its just msn that logs out. The power scheme is on 'always on' so the three tabs say 'never'. It happens every time the screen saver comes on and automatically reconnects when I move the mouse or tap a key. Tried different screensavers... nothing stops it, any ideas?
04-02-2005 07:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: