What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

2 votes - 3 average   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Author: Message:
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Well, i made this list of questions that are a lot questioned here.. i know we have some FAQs on the main page.. but noone goes there.. as far i know.. so here are this questions.. Some Mod/Admin Feel free to stick/Edit/move/delete thread if needed..

(FAQs)

How can i do my DP bigger? You can download a plugin por Msgplus! Called StuffPlugNG. Found on the plugins sections or go to www.stuffplug.com

How can I add color to my Nickname?
/nick your username (with a space) ex /nick blackjack

- click the plus icon in convo window
- then click insert a text colortag (ctrl+k)
- select any color you want
- if you want to add format to the font like bold, italic, underlined  or like this click on the option ''insert format tag'', Then choose one or more to give some cool effect to your nick

How can I know if someone blockme? actually you cant know 100%, if  your contact has the option ‘’Only people on my allow list can see me online and send me messages’’ enabled.. the Statuschecker always see the contact offline.

Does the sponsor affect my computer?No, this is just adware, so theres no virus, malware, spyware on it, you can choose the option, I refuse to give support, install Msgplus! Without the sponsor.. The sponsor is 100% Optional and is just to give Patchou (The creator of Plus!) some support to keep Msgplus! Free

Why the option to remove the advertisement banner in MSN is missing on MsgPlus!? Read this thread http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=35201 made by CookieRevised telling you why.

Can I talk to people who blocked me?No you cant, you can only talk with the contacts YOU blocked.. you can do that with StufffPlug

I saw a search bar and advertisement popups after installing Messenger Plus!, why?

Messenger Plus! comes with an optional sponsor program.This program will show ads from time to time on your computer, will add a search bar in Internet Explorer and will also change your start page. In NO case this sponsor is mandatory or dangerous. If you don't want it, simply refuse the sponsor agreement during the setup and you will never hear about it again. If you installed the sponsor by error, just uninstall Messenger Plus! (it will trigger the sponsor uninstall program), reboot your computer, and reinstall without the sponsor if you want to continue to use Messenger Plus!.

Important: if you wish to get rid of the sponsor program, you must uninstall Messenger Plus! from the Add/Remove Programs window. If you start deleting files on your own you will prevent a full system restore as some of the files copied by the sponsor are backups of your original configuration files. Also, never attempt to use programs such as Adaware to remove the sponsor. Doing so would permanently damage the sponsor's restore data and would make the uninstallation much harder than it should be. You don't use third party programs to remove your other software, the sponsor is no different. For detailed instructions, check out this special post on the forum

Also the FAQs of main page http://msgplus.net/help_faq.php
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
03-27-2005 09:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
im not sure you should include a stuffplug faq with it...
04-03-2005 01:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: