What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » POP3 Email System

POP3 Email System
Author: Message:
Archane

41 / Male / –
O.P. Roll Eyes  POP3 Email System
Im a big fan of Messenger Plus! and im currently using the latest version in conjunction with the MSN BETA and its been great.

The only issues that i have is:

I am often away from my PC for long periods of the day but MSN remains on and checking my email frquently. On the older version the Email 'link' at the top of the Contacts list would display the number of emails recieved so that when i returned to my machine i would know that  i had email. On the new version the feature to go in to the email client is now a button and does not display the number of emails received since it was last checked. This means that i have to click on the link to load the client and in most cases i am just closing it again.

Does anyone know if there was a reason for the removal of the feature?

If there is no technical reasons i think this would be a good feature to add to the next release.

Nick Sumpter aka Archane
04-06-2005 02:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rix

34 / Male / Flag
RE: POP3 Email System
I can be wrong, but as long as I remember, if you use MSN Messenger 7.x, the e-mail count is disabled because some conflicts between MSN Messenger 7 and Plus!
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
04-06-2005 03:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Archane

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: POP3 Email System
I thought that would be the most likely case. Do you know if there are any plans to return the feature in the future?

Nick Sumpter aka Archane
04-06-2005 03:14 PM
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
RE: RE: POP3 Email System
quote:
Originally posted by rix
I can be wrong, but as long as I remember, if you use MSN Messenger 7.x, the e-mail count is disabled because some conflicts between MSN Messenger 7 and Plus!

like "rix" has said as long as there are conflicts with it. It rests disabled untill it has been fixed ;)

This post was edited on 04-06-2005 at 03:45 PM by BEWARE^^.
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
04-06-2005 03:44 PM
zingbats

Conflict is a great word. It covers all manners of sins.

Maybe when you hover over the plus symbol it could tell you how many e-mails there are, rather than using the "offical" one for now?

Just a suggestion.
04-07-2005 11:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Archane
I am often away from my PC for long periods of the day but MSN remains on and checking my email frquently. On the older version the Email 'link' at the top of the Contacts list would display the number of emails recieved so that when i returned to my machine i would know that  i had email. On the new version the feature to go in to the email client is now a button and does not display the number of emails received since it was last checked. This means that i have to click on the link to load the client and in most cases i am just closing it again.
If you're talking about the hotmail count, then that is something from MSN Messenger which they take out, not Messenger Plus!.

If you're talking about the POP3 email count which is a Plus! feature then click on the Plus! icon, it will show your mail count for every POP3 mail you have set up:

[Image: pop-4total.png]

http://www.msgplus.net/help.php
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-07-2005 02:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: