What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » possible glitch

possible glitch
Author: Message:
Jacko_all

Jacko_all

49 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  possible glitch
:wall:A buddy an I use mess plus all the time but... She had a resource drain which was leading to mass bandwidth loss (a 7-30 second ping!) and she is on a DS3 connection! She deleted mess plus and the drain was plugged( her ping is now normal again no more than 1 sec). She believes it was caused by the server for the sounds. I have problems occasionally using the sounds too and have no band loss @ all. But this message comes up from time to time:

"An error occurred while contacting the server, please try again later. If the problem persists, check your security settings."

I never touched my security settings so I know it ain't that. If this is a problem for anyone else?:type:

If the server is a problem... Why not use the sounds P2P instead? Just use the master server for registering them...
^o)

This post was edited on 04-07-2005 at 08:00 PM by Jacko_all.
04-07-2005 07:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: possible glitch
The sound server from what I know is offline. There are more servers I think being added. As for the lack of bandwidth did your friend by any chance install the Optional Sponsor included with Messenger Plus!? It doesn't access a server to transfer data or anything like that. It is probably because of the sound server being offline. Does the lack of bandwidth start after she tries to send a sound?

Patchou doesn't want to transfer data from one PC to another. This is why he has yet to add the option to show who has Plus! and who doesn't. Sounds are sent through the same way Winks are sent as far as I know.

This post was edited on 04-07-2005 at 08:07 PM by matty.
04-07-2005 08:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jacko_all

Jacko_all

49 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  RE: possible glitch
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
As for the lack of bandwidth did your friend by any chance install the Optional Sponsor included with Messenger Plus!?

No, she didn't.:spam:

quote:
It doesn't access a server to transfer data or anything like that. It is probably because of the sound server being offline. Does the lack of bandwidth start after she tries to send a sound?

No just a constant drain and mass lag.(tu)[Image: throwpc.gif] Unusual as we both run XP Pro and have current comps and keep then clean and tweaked.(ap)

quote:
Patchou doesn't want to transfer data from one PC to another. This is why he has yet to add the option to show who has Plus! and who doesn't. Sounds are sent through the same way Winks are sent as far as I know.

Ahh... I understand the idea of "filtering" to maintain integrety and prevent sending sound viruses. Tres chic and well thought out... Kudos on that!(Y)
04-07-2005 08:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: possible glitch
Well, this may all be related to problems that the servers were experiencing today... we're currently working on a high-end sollution to eliminate, once and for all, any lag with the sounds. Sorry about the problem.
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-08-2005 01:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: