What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MSN Plus - Contact Information

MSN Plus - Contact Information
Author: Message:
Kally

O.P. MSN Plus - Contact Information
I'm curious about something that is not making sense to me.

One of my contacts is showing as "Away".  When I check in the "Event Log" I can see that it was set at "Away" and not gone "Idle" by itself.  So my first question is - does that happen when a contact specifically selects the "Away" status.  I suspect that is what that means.

My next question is when you go into "Display Contact's Information" it shows that the last chat was 2 hours but obviously this contact never signed on according to the "Event Log" - so does that mean that this person set their status at "Away" and then chated on line?

The reason I ask this is I'm not sure how accurate the "Display Contact's Information" is because I often notice that my contacts have apparently chatted but they are not even signed in.

I'm just curious to the accuracy of this feature.  Anyone know for sure??

Thanks for all your insight - I'm still new at this.:D
04-09-2005 03:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
RE: MSN Plus - Contact Information
im not sure about that but i found that if somebady has been blocking me or apearing offline, i get the msn ***has just signed in and then a plus message saying has changed their status to online is this an indicator of blocking?
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
04-09-2005 04:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Plus - Contact Information
quote:
Originally posted by kally

One of my contacts is showing as "Away".  When I check in the "Event Log" I can see that it was set at "Away" and not gone "Idle" by itself.  So my first question is - does that happen when a contact specifically selects the "Away" status. 
Yes, idle is when your contact has been idle for the time they choose using messenger plus or just the default time

quote:
Originally posted by Kally
My next question is when you go into "Display Contact's Information" it shows that the last chat was 2 hours but obviously this contact never signed on according to the "Event Log" - so does that mean that this person set their status at "Away" and then chated on line?

The reason I ask this is I'm not sure how accurate the "Display Contact's Information" is because I often notice that my contacts have apparently chatted but they are not even signed in.

I'm just curious to the accuracy of this feature.  Anyone know for sure??

This feature has been known to be inaccurate at times so this may be the case here but do not disregard that it is the last New chat ie. not when the chat ended

quote:
Originally posted by King for a Day

im not sure about that but i found that if somebady has been blocking me or apearing offline, i get the msn ***has just signed in and then a plus message saying has changed their status to online is this an indicator of blocking?

The regular MSN "xxxx has signed in" followed by Plus!'s "xxxx has changed his/her status to online" just means you have turned on the statuschange notifications in Plus!

Note to Kally with regards to the thread title: Should be messenger Plus!, not MSN plus! :)

This post was edited on 04-09-2005 at 05:12 PM by haydos.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

04-09-2005 05:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: