What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » problem with handwriting accessary

problem with handwriting accessary
Author: Message:
frack

34 / Female / –
O.P. Roll Eyes  problem with handwriting accessary
rencently i download the new handrite addon but it didnt install properly and ever since it has been bringing up a web page called killer rabbit when i sign on but it then comes up error and it make my computer go slow is there any way of getting rid of it??
04-10-2005 04:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: problem with handwriting accessary
quote:
Originally posted by frack
rencently i download the new handrite addon but it didnt install properly and ever since it has been bringing up a web page called killer rabbit when i sign on but it then comes up error and it make my computer go slow is there any way of getting rid of it??

go to plus prefferences > plugins > and uncheck the box beside the plugin name this will keep it from starting up with plus!

to get rid of it go to, the plugins folder usually (C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\Plugins) and delete anything associated with this plugin.

last resort is to uninstall plus, WITH the plugins and than installing it back again.

NOTE: you do not need the handwriting plugin with the latest MSN as it is already available in it. ;)

EDIT: or follor Traxor's directions below :dodgy:

This post was edited on 04-10-2005 at 04:46 PM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

04-10-2005 04:43 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: problem with handwriting accessary
To uninstall:

Because some people did not get MSN Handwriting plugin for Messenger Plus! to work at all, and it is disturbing MSN, here are the instructions how to uninstall it.

Most people try uninstalling Messenger Plus, however this will not work since it will not delete the plugin, and the plugin will still be there after a re-install. So follow these steps instead:

1) Stop MSN Messenger completely, or make sure the plugin's DLL is not loaded.

2) Browse to:

C:Program FilesMessenger Plus! 2Plugins
    (or replace C with the drive you installed Windows on)

3) Delete MsnHandWriting.dll, or rename it to something not ending with .dll (eg. MsnHandWriting.bak)

4) Restart MSN Messenger, or reload your plugins.

You do know that you don't need the handwriting plugin anymore... It comes pre-packed with the msn7 final.
04-10-2005 04:43 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: