What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Can someone be hacked thru MSN?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Can someone be hacked thru MSN?
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Can someone be hacked thru MSN?
quote:
Originally posted by Matty

Routers work wonders

second that  ;)
04-12-2005 01:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
buzz

be a good bee

– / Male / –
...direct connection is for AIM(to send animated emotions live,dont kno if aim still has that)...mmm maybe ur thinking about application sharing or whiteboard
04-12-2005 01:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
It seems that the option for direct connection doesn't seem to work. I and a contact of mine on my list have it checked and my IP is not connected to his IP only the MSN servers so.
04-12-2005 02:21 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Maybe its only initiated for certain contacts depending on various things =/. Like if the load reaches a certain point on the MSN servers then you will try to establish direct connections :)
Segosa is newb.
04-12-2005 02:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DigitalScan

Owner Of DNetworks

41 / Male / –
it is very easy to get someones IP in msn without sending a file, or viewing a display pic or whatever else, its as simple as opening the conversation window with them,
Open up a new convo with someone, talk do whatever, then hit your start button and select the run option and type in cmd

when in the command prompt type netstat -n and it will list all established connections between your computer and someone else. Now how do you figure out whos IP is whos? well thats easy as well but ill leave that figuring out up to you.
04-12-2005 11:15 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalScan
it is very easy to get someones IP in msn without sending a file, or viewing a display pic or whatever else, its as simple as opening the conversation window with them,
Open up a new convo with someone, talk do whatever, then hit your start button and select the run option and type in cmd

when in the command prompt type netstat -n and it will list all established connections between your computer and someone else. Now how do you figure out whos IP is whos? well thats easy as well but ill leave that figuring out up to you.
Sadly all connections are routed through the MSN Messenger Servers. The IPs you see on port 1863 are the connections to the MSN Messenger servers. Nice try tho.
04-12-2005 11:28 PM
DigitalScan

Owner Of DNetworks

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: Can someone be hacked thru MSN?
as soon as you enter a conversation your IP is revealed of incoming connections and if you want to seal the deal with that then send your contact a picture or something along those lines and then do the cmd netstat -n trick and it will show a new established connection to their computer, i have never encountered any kind of difficulty in doing this and it has always worked either way that i have tried it.

heres a screenshot i just took of the process, my IPs have been blocked out and my friends IP i have circled well he said he doesnt care if i show it since his changes.

.jpg File Attachment: cmd.jpg (139.51 KB)
This file has been downloaded 151 time(s).
04-13-2005 06:58 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: