What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [suggestion/request] small but effective

[suggestion/request] small but effective
Author: Message:
the andyman

Windows Live Fanatic

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  [suggestion/request] small but effective
does anybody agree with me about this idea I have come up with for a plus! feature:

when someone changes status or changes name etc if you have the notifiers enabled in plus! it says 'NAME has changes his/her name to NAME'

I was thinking that maybe there could be a feature where you specify wether a contact is male or female so instead of his/her it says just his or hers

what does anybody else think (sorry for being so complicated in explaining this, this is my 1st post even thought I've been reading these forums for ages)

*-)
04-11-2005 11:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: [suggestion/request] small but effective
that would be useless for me and others who custom named their contacts, they don't have to worry about who it is
04-11-2005 11:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
This has been discussed before; you can read Suggestion: sex! and [Sug] get rid of his/her for more information :)
04-11-2005 11:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by the andyman
when someone changes status or changes name etc if you have the notifiers enabled in plus! it says 'NAME has changes his/her name to NAME'

There is already a feature for this, although it does not show up in the actual conversation window, there is an Event Log Window which can be turned on by going:

Plus>Preferences>Logging>Evenot Logging>Display All Messenger Events in a Window.

If/when you have this turned on, go to: Plus>Event Log Window, and it tells you contact name changes and the such.

quote:
Originally posted by the andyman
I was thinking that maybe there could be a feature where you specify wether a contact is male or female so instead of his/her it says just his or hers

This has already been suggested and I think most people agreed that it was too much work for such a little thing. After all, you will know whether a contact is male or female anyway, and the easiest way to tell is to just have a custom name for them in a colour like pink for girls, and blue for boys.
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
04-11-2005 11:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
the andyman

Windows Live Fanatic

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [suggestion/request] small but effective
thanks Tochjo
04-11-2005 11:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report