What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin Ideas

Plugin Ideas
Author: Message:
unrealdude24

O.P. Plugin Ideas
I have an idea for a plugin or even something built into Plus! I always keep wondering if some of my contacts have Plus! but there really isn't any way to find out until you do a Plus! command and ask them if it worked. But what if there is a small icon beside the persons name showing whether they have plus or not. Kind of like the webcam icon that shows up to show you the other person has a webcam. The Messenger Plus! logo can pop up beside the webcam icon and will let you know they have Plus! If possible even show which version they are using by hovering the cursor over the logo.

My other idea is the ability to export all the plugins for backup purposes or to transfer to another computer. Like the soundpacks you can download. All the plugins would be in one file.
04-12-2005 11:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
RE: Plugin Ideas
Plus does show if the person has plus or not right click the contact on your contact list then click msgplus extras then contact information then click check for plus.
04-13-2005 12:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
unrealdude24

O.P. RE: Plugin Ideas
yes but it would be better if it wasn't noticable to the contact that you are checking to see if they have Plus!

This post was edited on 04-13-2005 at 12:08 AM by unrealdude24.
04-13-2005 12:07 AM
OnlineAlways

Humanoid Lifeform

– / Male / –
I agree. It would be alot easier, but I wouldn't download an entire plugin for it.
04-13-2005 11:41 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by unrealdude24
yes but it would be better if it wasn't noticable to the contact that you are checking to see if they have Plus!
Won't be done as it's invasion of privacy.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-14-2005 10:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
unrealdude24

O.P. RE: Plugin Ideas
well if you think about it, pinging someone and they will respond back with or without the persons permission. It wouldn't be any different.
04-16-2005 01:19 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
well if you think about it, pinging someone and they will respond back with or without the persons permission. It wouldn't be any different.

:|.. i don't really see what you guys all worried about.. I mean is a /ping too much of writting..?
04-16-2005 01:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:

If the user is conscious about who knows if they have Plus! installed on their computer they can disable replying to /ping commands hence the user wouldn't know :)
Segosa is newb.
04-16-2005 01:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: