What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » emoticons shortcuts beginning with /

emoticons shortcuts beginning with /
Author: Message:
gdumitresco

46 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  emoticons shortcuts beginning with /
hi

I'm a player of Ragnarok Online and I use some game built-in emoticons in messenger, and to keep it easy to use, I decided to use the same shortcut for them, but all of them use / before, like /heh (the attached one), but plus try to recognize as command even if messenger already recognized as an custom emoticon, giving me an annoying warning when I send the message.

I already tried to replace the / with a . but it's kind of boring having to remind myself where I should put . instead of /

Just a point: the emoticon shortcuts aren't even close to any plus command.

I wonder, could I wait for fix for that?

.gif File Attachment: heh.gif (6.15 KB)
This file has been downloaded 155 time(s).
04-14-2005 12:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Osiris

www.sonsofra.co.uk

36 / Male / –
RE: emoticons shortcuts beginning with /
Another possible way around this rather than typing .heh is keeping the shortcut as /heh but typing two /'s before your thing, so for example typing //heh, this will show your emoticon and (in case your wondering) no /'s will be shown before your message.

This isnt a solution but i find that typing // is alot easy and quicker (and youll probably find easier to get used to and remember to do) than to relearn to type a .

A further (and more extreme) option is to go to Plus! > Preferences > Instant Messages > Commands and Tags and then uncheck the box "Allow the use of commands and tags" however in my opinion this removes alot of plus!'s functionality and is a rather drastic way to get around this, i would only really recommend this if your emoticons are more important to your IMing than plus!

This post was edited on 04-14-2005 at 01:04 PM by Osiris.
[Image: osisig.jpg]
04-14-2005 12:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: emoticons shortcuts beginning with /
Or, set up a QuickText for /heh which replaces it with .heh, the emoticon shortcut.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-14-2005 01:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
gdumitresco

46 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: emoticons shortcuts beginning with /
quote:
Originally posted by Osiris
Another possible way around this rather than typing .heh is keeping the shortcut as /heh but typing two /'s before your thing, so for example typing //heh, this will show your emoticon and (in case your wondering) no /'s will be shown before your message.

This isnt a solution but i find that typing // is alot easy and quicker (and youll probably find easier to get used to and remember to do) than to relearn to type a .

A further (and more extreme) option is to go to Plus! > Preferences > Instant Messages > Commands and Tags and then uncheck the box "Allow the use of commands and tags" however in my opinion this removes alot of plus!'s functionality and is a rather drastic way to get around this, i would only really recommend this if your emoticons are more important to your IMing than plus!

thanks for all suggestions, but the double / it's easier for now

I also hope it's easy for Patchou to "fix" it ;)
04-14-2005 01:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: