What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Edited Messenger Plus! Support

Edited Messenger Plus! Support
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

O.P. Shocked  Edited Messenger Plus! Support
Well, I've been spending most of my night just fine tuning messenger plus! support and I've finally sorted it out, i have now done the following:

• Added full 800x600 support, this will mean having to press 800x600 in the 1024x768 version though (if anybody knows a solution then please tell me ASAP, thanks)
  • Added the new installer window to Add/Remove windows, as the uninstaller has changed.
  • Changed the layout of the 1024x768 layout so that it is more user friendly, easy to understand and so that it basically looks much nicer.
  • Added the "Questions and Answers" area, this is where I will place questions that are frequent on the Messenger Plus! forum in here, showing the question by the first poster and then showing the full detailed answer by somebody like Cookie :p.
  • Added the area "The Sponsor", this is basically telling you the basics of the optional sponsor program, what it does, why it's there and its benefits to Patchou etc.

that's it for now, but I will soon be adding the multi-lingual support, although some of the users haven't yet translated everything :s

To any staff: sorry if this seems like advertising, if you would like to merge all of my threads, then that would be fine... maybe even a help :p.

This post was edited on 04-13-2005 at 11:48 PM by user27089.
04-13-2005 11:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Edited Messenger Plus! Support
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
  • Added full 800x600 support, this will mean having to press 800x600 in the 1024x768 version though (if anybody knows a solution then please tell me ASAP, thanks)

JavaScript to check the resolution on page load, then redirect based on the result? I don't know if you can do that.

This post was edited on 04-14-2005 at 10:50 AM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-14-2005 10:50 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
JavaScript to check the resolution on page load, then redirect based on the result? I don't know if you can do that.
yea that'll work, if they have javascript enabled and if not you can have a link to manually select the screen resolution
something like
code:
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
<!--
if ((screen.width>=1024) && (screen.height>=768))
{
window.location="highres.html";
}
else
{
  window.location="lowres.html";
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>

This post was edited on 04-14-2005 at 10:55 AM by Dempsey.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
04-14-2005 10:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
You may want to put that in a sort of coverpage that loads quickly, to prevent unnecessary delays.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-14-2005 10:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: