What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » K700i

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
K700i
Author: Message:
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
O.P. K700i
Hi! I want to buy the SonyEricsson K700i... does someone have experience with this phone? Because i heard that the batterylife sucks, stickers come off and the rubber lid doesn't shut properly anymore after some use... overal a good phone... well is this right?

Greetz!
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
04-14-2005 06:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: K700i
quote:
Originally posted by exca
Hi! I want to buy the SonyEricsson K700i... does someone have experience with this phone? Because i heard that the batterylife sucks, stickers come off and the rubber lid doesn't shut properly anymore after some use...
Greetz!

thats dont sound so good at all..

quote:
Originally posted by exca
overal a good phone... well is this right?

I don't know about the phone but what you just mentioned don't seem so good at all..

04-14-2005 07:05 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
I currently own this phone. The battery life is much better once you get the firmware updated (the original firmware had a flaw with the battery life indicator). I get about 4-5 days out of it, with light use.

The Quickshare sticker at the bottom of the phone has come off, and I am not a heavy phone user and have taken reasonable care of the phone.

There is a plastic hinge on the bottom of the phone designed to cover the ports when not in use. This doesn't work very well, and is now indeed out of shape and doesn't fit back properly.

There are a few other annoying things. The phone has 41Mb of memory, but after getting only about 100 text messages, there is no more space for them, which means deleting some. The really annoying thing is that I have 40Mb of free memory on the phone, but it seems only a small portion is allocated to messages. I would much rather be able to use all that free memory!

There are lots of good features about this phone, one of which is the screen which is excellent compared to many phones (I have not seen the very latest and greatest). It plays mp3's and mpeg-4 videos. The camera sucks on it of course, but that's similar with all phones.

The question is would I get this phone again given the chance? I got this phone after using a Nokia 8310 for a few years, which was pretty much faultless. The K700i failed to impress once the original excitement died down. I probably wouldn't get it again, next phone I get will just be able to cope with the basics, but to do them flawlessly.

I'm sure its a good phone, and there are some good reviews around. If you haven't done already, see if you can get down to a mobile phone store and try one out for real and see what you think (y)
04-14-2005 07:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: K700i
Thanks for the reply's! I guess i'm going to buy it as you get many phone for it's value. I have read some reviews, went to the mobile shop and you can replace the rubber or cut it off, it doesn't change alot. You can get the stickers for free and superglue it. Batterylife is okay then.

Greetz,
Exca
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
04-15-2005 05:34 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
mate i have the phone
its superb its got 42 mem it can take videos and ply them and amazing camera with light its superb u get it mate u will be impressed
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

04-26-2005 03:38 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

From what I have heard so far about this fone, I'm not a user of it, it doesn't seem good at all, for that, you may aswell get the Nokia 6230, In my opinion, it's one of the best phones out at the moment.

It has a 62Mb memory card, it can play Mp3s, it can record Video (inc. sound) for up to 4 minutes at good quality, it can record sounds at a good quality, can hold a lot of messages, and is nice to look at...

Plus, it's a nokia... and come on, everybody knows how to use a nokia right?
04-26-2005 04:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mrchu

37 / Male / –
did you end up buying it?

primary goal: make sure its got the latest firmware, the battery life increase is unbelievable !!
04-27-2005 02:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Exca
Hi! I want to buy the SonyEricsson K700i... does someone have experience with this phone? Because i heard that the batterylife sucks, stickers come off and the rubber lid doesn't shut properly anymore after some use... overal a good phone... well is this right?

Greetz!

i have this phone, if you treat the phone with respect an dont throw it around, everything will stay in place,, i lovee the phone, much better nthan any Nokia i have had

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
It has a 62Mb memory card, it can play Mp3s
if ya wanna play mp3's just buy an ipod or something, use a Phone for what its meant to be used for,,  ithink in some cases MMobile Phone technology is going to far, there losing the plot in actually fixing previous phones before implementing mp3 player on a phone,

This post was edited on 04-27-2005 at 03:06 AM by Hank.
04-27-2005 03:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chop

Msg Plus! Spanish Helper

35 / Male / Flag
This is the phone i want to get :D
My brother has the k500i and im using T610

The reason i want to get K700i is that i really like my brother's phone, and i after reviewing the k700i, i'm really sure i want this one :P
[Image: index.php]
04-27-2005 03:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
Blah, I want a/this cell really bad!!

But I'm not sure if I could pay the cell bill with just allowance....:S

How much does it cost for that free evenings and weekends?
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
04-27-2005 03:52 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: