What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Messenger Lock and Personalised Status

Messenger Lock and Personalised Status
Author: Message:
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Lock and Personalised Status
I found this bug with messenger lock today.

I'm running:

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0813
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.52.0130

If I set MSN to a personalised status then activate messenger lock,(which has been set to don't change status), my MSN will be locked and my status will be my personalised status.

If i try to open MSN again (via a shortcut key or by double clicking the icon), the password box appears. If I press cancel, my personalised status will now have disappeared and my status will be online. So my MSN will still be locked, but I will be online.

When trying this with a normal MSN status, the status remains, the bug only occurs with personalised statuses.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-15-2005 11:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Lock and Personalised Status
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Can't you change the status you go away as under the locking options?

Yeah you can, but i have mine set to don't change status.

This is so i can lock MSN messenger with any status. Say i use a shorcut key to activate personalised status "Watching TV", then i can lock messenger, but still have that status. Then if i want to lock messenger with my Eating status, i can do that easily as well.

The thing is that the bug does not occur with normal MSN statuses so it shouldn't occur with plus personalised statuses.
05-15-2005 11:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Lock and Personalised Status
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
I found this bug with messenger lock today.

If I set MSN to a personalised status then activate messenger lock,(which has been set to don't change status), my MSN will be locked and my status will be my personalised status.

If i try to open MSN again (via a shortcut key or by double clicking the icon), the password box appears. If I press cancel, my personalised status will now have disappeared and my status will be online. So my MSN will still be locked, but I will be online.

When trying this with a normal MSN status, the status remains, the bug only occurs with personalised statuses.
Doesn't occur with:

Windows Version: Windows XP, SP2
Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0208
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.51.0128
(currently busy with those versions (I know they aren't the latest))
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-15-2005 11:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Lock and Personalised Status
Ok, after messing around with some things, I've found out what the problem is.

I made a mistake on my first post. This only occurs when i use the reset status shortcut. This shortcut (preferences, general options, miscellaneous), "exits special modes such as Boss Portection, Personalised Status and Messenger Lock".

So, therefore when i press this shortcut, it exits the personalised status as well as exiting messenger lock.

Sorry people, should have tested a bit more first.

It would, however, be quite useful to have it so that the personalised status will not change if cancel is pressed on the messenger lock password window.

Say i want to leave it on a certain status and lock it, (using the method described in my first post above), then i press the reset status shortcut to bring up the password window. Then i might want to cancel it for some reason, as i sometimes do, I will have to go back into MSN to change the status and then lock again.

This probably doesn't affect a lot of people and it isn't really a big problem, but it may come in useful for me and some users.
05-15-2005 11:41 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Lock and Personalised Status
hmmm... yeah in some way I agree, in another way not...

Maybe this beheviour should be selectable for the "advanced user" (in other words: via registry) or maybe split the global reset shortcut up into two shortcuts: one for statusses and one for modes (bossprot., lock)...

EDIT: after a very quick thought. Maybe I do agree though, because you can already make a shortcut for a personalised status which resets your current status to online (from whatever it was). In other words the beheviour you have now, can be mimiced with this shortcut. And this means you can change the beheviour of the global reset shortcut like you suggest without loosing the current beheviour model... Although, it may have some consequences on other things also... hmmm....

This post was edited on 05-15-2005 at 11:52 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-15-2005 11:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: