What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Photoshop Antialias

Photoshop Antialias
Author: Message:
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. Photoshop Antialias
Hey,
I am making images in photoshop for a tshirt maker and he has told me that they cannot have the anti-alias applied where it blurs and blends the edges into the background to give a smoother effect.  He needs the picture/edges to be sharp for the special printer machine thing (screen printing).
How can I disable anti-alias when creating an image? or is there another format i can save in?

I have already asked and I cannot simply apply the sharpening filter in photoshop as this is not enough.

If anyone has any ideas or can suggest some things for me to try please let me know.

Thanks
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
04-16-2005 01:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
RE: Photoshop Antialias
I think this is it, I can't find any other setting, and this makes sense with the other options. Tell me if it works anywho. Go:

Edit > Preferences > General > Image Interpolation > Bicubic (Sharper)

Hope this helps and works. (y) :D
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
04-16-2005 02:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
I'm assuming from what you have said that the screen printing process requires you to have very clear blocks of colour...

most printers will love you if you send them the photoshop file in layers according to the different colours...

using the pencil tool instead of the brush tool is advised as pencil has no anti-alias don't use crazy filters or anything... picture has to be plain.

as for converting an existing picture... not sure of the best way to do this in photoshop...

it would help if i knew what sort of picture you were making
04-16-2005 02:43 PM
Toasty

Try using Adobe Illustrator instead?
04-16-2005 03:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Photoshop Antialias
The image basically is text of a black background. The text has no fill so that the black shows through and has stroke applied to give the writing an outline.
Apparently when with the image either in jpg or psd the text does not have a defined edge so that it tries to make the writing appear smoother on the background. When using for the t shirts the edge will be all sloppy and will not look good to the eye.
I am not worried about making the image again or converting the existing image. If i start again is there a way to turn anti-alias (on text) off before i start.
Thanks
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
04-17-2005 01:30 AM
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
sorry for not getting back to you on this.. i kinda got lost in all the posts. anyway when you use the text tool on photoshop, you can just set the anti-alias to "none" instead of "sharp, crisp, smooth or strong"  it's normally fond beside where you adjust the font size. The icon has two a's (see attachment).

.gif File Attachment: anti-alias.gif (1.01 KB)
This file has been downloaded 75 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-23-2005 at 01:06 AM by gif83.
04-23-2005 01:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: