What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » A request for a nerd

A request for a nerd
Author: Message:
Matafluer

– / Female / –
O.P. A request for a nerd
I've been trying to get the D&D dice roller plugin working as I'm a big fan of RPGs... however more recently I've been roleplaying in msn chats more often and I'm wondering if there is a previously created plugin that can allow me to create lines of text that aren't attributed to me.

In other words with a comand preformatted text (similar to the /me commands) would appear that I can use to describe the environment of my players without having "Me says: " attatched to it.

If not.. is there someone willing to have a go at creating it for me... and of course other online DMs as I'm sure they'd find it useful. I'm also wondering if my problems with the dice-roller plugin have something to do with the fact I'm now using msn7 and plus! 3.51..? If so is there an update or another more recent plugin or something?
Never stand between a Woman and her Man, or a Dragon and it's dinner
04-17-2005 11:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: A request for a nerd
lmao, please don't call me a nerd. go look up the meaning and you'll notice that everyone is a nerd.

back on topic. in plus there is a certain (!N) command which will display your contacts nickname. as for making it single line like the /me command i haven't come across any sort of plugin able to do this. maybe a solution is to make your nickname invisible and then use the (!N) command.

im sorry if this doesent help enough.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
04-17-2005 11:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matafluer

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: A request for a nerd
Thanks Ash. I was calling myself a Nerd, not anyone else. I would put Geek, but I know that there are a heck of a lot more Geeks online then just me... I thought Nerd might be safer... obviously I was wrong :P

Anyway.. that might work I suppose but I don't RP with my entire list of contacts so changing my DN (although a fairly obvious way of doing it) it not something I really want to do. MSN would also display "... says" followed by my line. I would prefer to display it without any text before or formatting in general...  not sure what anyone's able to create as a plug-in or not. But I figured it was worth a shot at asking. The least I could get was a flat out no.

Is there anyone there that thinks it can be done?
04-18-2005 12:08 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
i believe there is a '/nick2' command which replaced the 'says' part of your nickname. but otherwise i can't think of a plugin.

and about the other request. im sorry that there was no other solution. im sure if you you could create a quicktext. that changed your nick to a white coloured one. *making it sort of invisible. and say what you need to say. eg (!N) Died cos i killed him. or whatever you do in your RP. then change your nick back to the original state.

im sorry about the lack of plugin for this though :(

:)
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
04-18-2005 12:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Well... I've got a solution here for you! :D
It's not the best and optimal! But it's a start! :D
You need StuffPlug NG
Enable AutoTalker, and choose the one I have attached here, "talker.nothing"...
That should do the trick.. :D..
If you want color in it instead of the normal purple color, use the Ctrl + k command , like in mIRC... If you want to have a default color, open the talker in notepad, and right before the input in the second line, paste this ("1" & ) without the ().. replacing 1 with the number of the color you want.. :D..
The Talker should be out into your "MessengerPlus! 3\Plugins\StuffPlug-NG\Talkers" folder.. :D...

Now make a Quicktext, name it what you want eg: /dd or something.. in that quicktext insert this exact message:
code:
/xchatname 
#/xtalk nothing (!P)
#/xchatname

There has to be 2 spaces after the first /xchatname... If you use the chatonly feature already then just add your current chat only name after the last /xchatname...
Now when you want to write a action you just ype this in the conversation:
"/dd some event happend!"..
Hope you can use this... :D..
Enjoy!

Edit:
Forgot to mention... The other users that has to see this has to have Plus! installed... :P... For me it's normal that evyerbody have plus!.. so... But just a note to you, that if they don't have plus! it will not really work.. They don't need any other plugins or anything.. just plus! is a requierement... :P

.zip File Attachment: talker.nothing.zip (207 bytes)
This file has been downloaded 117 time(s).

This post was edited on 04-19-2005 at 02:31 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
04-19-2005 02:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matafluer

– / Female / –
:lol: I said I was a Nerd, not a geek... I know next to nothing about installing coding like this... but I'll give it a try when I have enough time to sit down and concentrate.... unless you can explain that all again in english. Either way I'll let you know how it goes tho, when I finally get it running ... or not running as the case may be.

I don't think it's that much of a problem the contacts I'll use it most for have plus anyway... we'll see what we can do about getting the others off the darn Trillian and back to the good stuff. ;)

Cheers CyberDude

This post was edited on 04-20-2005 at 02:40 PM by Matafluer.
04-20-2005 02:37 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Well hope you manages to make it work.. :D.. It's not that hard!
About the Trillian/no MsgPlus! problem, I think there is some plugin/extension for Trillian that "emulates" some of MsgPlus!'s commands, so they will be able to see these commands properly... Can't remember the name of the plugin or where to download it, but It was her eon the forum I saw a post about it... You could try do a search for it?... :D...
04-20-2005 02:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matafluer

– / Female / –
Hooray... after fiddling about for half hour trying to understand your instructions I finally got it working... haven't tried changing the text yet... just make sure no-one's text is purple it's all good. Thanks Cyberdude.

For anyone else that finds this thread and wants this: the english translation of Cyberdude's instructions are as follows.

Download the file and extract the zip into the stuffplug>talkers folder... then enable it by typing ""/xautotalker talker.nothing""
Then go into your presets (message helpers) and type the code as he wrote it:

/xchatname<space><space>
#/xtalk nothing (!P)
#/xchatname <Your chat name here>

then give it a preset code like /dd and away you go. It's as simple as that.. ignore what he wrote. ^_^

*wanders off to figure out the translation of changing the text thing mIRC bit... 0_0 *
04-21-2005 08:55 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: