What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msgdiscovery ****TROJAN ****

msgdiscovery ****TROJAN ****
Author: Message:
mrlonely

O.P. Shocked  msgdiscovery ****TROJAN ****
msgdicovery has a trojan installer in it if u have avg there will be a message saying virus detected trojan blah etc :@ the trojan will install when you uninstall msgdiscovery a lot of free ware does this and it P*** me off good luck i have avg or i would have a virus

PLz reply if u have hade a similare problem(Y)
04-17-2005 08:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
RE: msgdiscovery ****TROJAN ****
It is not a trojan, from where you installed it? Did you get it from the official website? Did you install the additional adware? :\
04-17-2005 08:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Hello there,

This might be a long post, so here are my apologies in advance. Where to begin... Well, I am EvilSeph, CEO of the MessengerDiscovery company, so naturally, I am here responding to your complaints. Though MessengerDiscovery's sponsor does install many adware components, let me help you get the facts straight.

MessengerDiscovery:

- Does NOT force you to install the sponsor. It is entirely optional and much like the Messenger Plus! sponsor, you are liable, responsible and at fault for failing to properly follow the installer's instructions; you can't read.

- MessengerDiscovery is not "shitty". If you wish to provide criticism, do it on our forums and do so constructively. Flaming will not be allowed (which is what you are doing here). It does what it says it does and does it well. I don't see why this concerns any of the users here at the Messenger Plus! official forums, obviously you'll either get a response along the lines of "I don't use MessengerDiscovery, I use Plus!", "MessengerDiscovery sucks! Stop using it, use Plus! instead!" and you will probably be given incorrect information and biased support.

Before you go on and say the support I provide is biased, know that if anyone "disses" Messenger Plus!, StuffPlug-NG (2), Messenger Discovery and other programs/projects etc., I will be there defending it to the end, as I'm doing here. I am a regular and experienced user with both Messenger Plus! and Messenger Discovery, and I use both (well, use to with MSN Messenger 6.2, but I can't use Messenger Discovery now because it is incompatible with MSN Messenger 7) and I really support both. So no, I'm not biased. And as I am experienced with MSN Messenger, Messenger Plus! and Messenger Discovery + deal with users that ask for support daily, on forums, on IRC etc. my support is almost always correct. Specially because I never give support unless I know it's right.

- ecko_complex, like Patchou, has no other source of income except the development of MessengerDiscovery through its sponsor. If you can come up with a better alternative than to include a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL sponsor, then bring it up on our forums and we'll continue that discussion there.

- This Messenger Plus! vs. MessengerDiscovery lameness has got to end. MessengerDiscovery has been made to work with Messenger Plus!, infact, it is highly recommended that you use both, rather than just one.

Please read the following for more information as well as removal instructions: http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=188 and don't troll our forums again, or you will be banned.

Please stop attempting to tarnish the reputation of a great application. You try developing a program full-time without any source of revenue - sooner or later, you'll have to either charge for the program or include a sponsor of some sort. And now that you finally know the facts, you can begin to argue.

For the benefit of the users here, here is a link to the "message" he put on our forums: http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=463

Thank you for taking the time to read this, the feelings you show on our forums is mutual.

Regards,
EvilSeph

Please also read the following: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=37301

Next time, search before posting.

AVG is free.

You get what you paid for.

This post was edited on 04-17-2005 at 08:41 PM by EvilSeph.
04-17-2005 08:36 PM
mrlonely

O.P. RE: msgdiscovery ****TROJAN ****
I got it from the real website cos i wanted to become a beta tester no other stuff just that
:( shame tho cos it seemed good
04-17-2005 08:37 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Make sure you downloaded it from the official website as other websites may have added bits (viruses) in
04-17-2005 08:39 PM
mrlonely

O.P. RE: msgdiscovery ****TROJAN ****
dont have to bite my head off lol im only sayin what i saw maybe it is my fault but i dont know that for sure and if i am it will be a lesson to people like me 
04-17-2005 08:40 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I'm not biting your head off. It's a post I made in the past regarding this issue. Nothing personal.

I do however dislike AVG for all the problems it's caused this community and Messenger Discovery with its false positives.
04-17-2005 08:42 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: