What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » All custom emoticons gone

All custom emoticons gone
Author: Message:
tomlow1

– / Male / –
O.P. All custom emoticons gone
Hi

I recently upgraded MSN and Plus to the latest versions from 6.2/3.50 to 7.0.777/3.52 and I now seem to have lost all my custom emoticons. I can only see the standard icons in the MSN emoticons window and panel. However when I bring up the Plus emoticons panel, all my custom emoticons are still there, but then I click to use one it appears as text.

I have tried to investigate the problem and I can confirm that I know which folder MSN is looking in for emoticons on my computer and that all the emoticons are still present (364 .dat files and the map.dat/map.txt files). However they are not being used by MSN anymore. An attempt to repair my installation does not help.

Any ideas how I can use my emoticons again?

Ash
04-19-2005 12:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
brian

– / Male / –
RE: All custom emoticons gone
You can use your emoticons once again, when navigating to X:\Documents and Settings\[Your Windows Username]\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger -- Where X:\ is where you windows is installed, can you check how many directories are there? And, have you changed .NET account lately?
04-19-2005 01:03 AM
tomlow1

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: All custom emoticons gone
Hi

Thank you for your reply. When I look at this folder I have the following:

and another folder which is just my hotmail address. It appears to contain the same contents as the 429... folder (which is the number that corresponds to the address). When I checked, MSN looked like it had locked (and so is using) the folder of my address but im not 100% sure.

My account has been the same for years and no other account has been accessed using MSN on this computer in a good few weeks at least, long before MSN 7 was installed.

Ash
04-19-2005 01:23 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: