What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » MSN Messenger Media Mod

MSN Messenger Media Mod
Author: Message:
kizu7su

O.P. MSN Messenger Media Mod
Howdy. I originally posted this on mess.be, but to further chances I thought I'd post it here too.  Just something I'd like to do, since it's setup for it and just *asking* to be done.

On to the explanation: I really got to liking the Now Playing and customization of the windows messenger and media player, but I hate cluttering up my desktop with all of these blasted windows. I like to have my messenger up, and control of my audio all the time...So I'm asking the fine and experienced here (been using things recommended from here for a while =) for pointers and tips. And stuff.

Examples are here:
The boring and cluttered.
First, we have normal MSN Messenger 7. With a few things hidden, thanks mess.be

And since everything has global hotkeys nowadays, even my keyboard, wouldn't it also be possible to steal a few buttons from WMP and add a lil VBA functionality to come up with The Sexy Solution? (notice the media buttons where the "My Stupid Space" options were)

And while we're at it, if the former isn't too difficult for me, the space-saving contact list-shrinker-button-dohickey. See all that saved space? What's not sexy about that?

Any thoughts? I'm assuming it's not too hard for someone with limited VBA skills (myself) to handle.

-kizu

*edit
Just thought of another thing, dunno how to do it, but maybe...just maybe have the Now Playing song title be like the WinAmp title ticker thing? I dunno. I have some long song titles =)

This post was edited on 04-20-2005 at 02:53 PM by kizu7su.
Beginner Project: MSN Media Mod
Progress: Just started, checking out SetParentApi
Any thought/help/feedback/whathaveyou is welcome.
[Image: FatPeopleAdBanner.gif]
04-20-2005 02:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: MSN Messenger Media Mod
I don't use the contact list. I'm popular enough that people talk to me. Never need to open it :P

Sounds like an interesting project. Possibly create a patch for it?
[Image: 7.png]
04-20-2005 02:54 PM
kizu7su

O.P. RE: MSN Messenger Media Mod
Yow, that was fast. Nay, instantaneous. Nice lol.

I'm hoping to, I have limited VB skills and a VB.net package to work with. I rarely use the contact list also,  as you can see in the pics most of them are offline/blocked XD

I'll update the thread if/when any progress is made. Either this one or mess.be's, whichever is more popular.

-kizu
04-20-2005 02:58 PM
BART SIMPSON416

[bart416]

– / Male / –
I sugest you to download the beta version of the 2005 visual studio or what do you use to compile visual basic (never used it, bad me).
[Image: signature.gif]
04-20-2005 07:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
I've made a litle project that added the ability to control winamp on top of the annoying banner ad in the contact.. maybe this was something for you?...  Well.. It doesn't look good and stuff.. but it was just a quick project I made.. Now juzzi is working on an improved version of this... :D.. Check out the thread here: Media Controller On Ad Space Beta
04-20-2005 07:33 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
That does sound a cool idea :) but i hardly use my contact list too but i hope it gets produced and i probably would get it :) (Y)
04-20-2005 09:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kizu7su

Yeah Cyberdude, I checked it out, but then I liked my mock-ups so much I thought I'd try to see it through. =)

i've only coded in VBA in Excel really, so I don't know what to use.  I'll check out Visual Studio. It's all just a learning thing, so sorry mwe99, no release date as of yet =)

kizu
04-21-2005 02:22 AM
steVenB

horny I make you...hmmmm

41 / Male / –
Looks awesome but I actually use those buttons in that location where you plan to place the controls. :( If there was a different solution, I would use it without forsure. Best of luck with the project. (y)
04-21-2005 04:54 PM
kizu7su

Well, if I get it working I'll probably just have a button to flop between the two frames. That's all in the future though.

Thanks for the support steVenB =)
04-22-2005 12:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: