What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » transparency

transparency
Author: Message:
digor23

O.P. transparency
hi, i installed a windows xp powertoy -> "alt-tab" replacement and had my chat windows transparency set to abt 20%.

the problem comes when i try to alt-tab between msn chat windows, or when i click on it in my taskbar. apparently, i will not be able to see the words i type unless i send the msg n alt-tab a couple of times back to the same window before i can c it. when transparency is not set, there is no problem.

anyone experiencing these probs? i m not sure if the prob is with transparency at msg plus or transparency in other appln as well
Get Paid to Search the Net using Netbux
04-21-2005 09:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: transparency
Look on forums before u post again.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=41728

Quote FroM Post

quote:
Originally posted by djdiablo
I'm using XPSP2 Pro, Messenger 6.2025 and MsgPlus! 3.50.124

Every now and again, I lose control of the messenger message window, the cursor dissapears and I can't see what I'm writing. I stop receiving other people's text but can see mine when I hit the Enter key.

I'm sure this didn't happen before I updated to this version of plus a couple of days ago.

EDIT AS FOLLOWS

I found the problem. It is due to the installation of MS Power Toy 'Alt Tab Replacement'. When you alt-tab from the window with this installed, it takes a snapshot in order to show you other windows. Unfortunately when you alt-tab back, I lost control of the cursor.

Uninstalled it and it's all working again.

Here's the link if anyone needs it.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powe...s/xppowertoys.mspx

04-21-2005 11:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
digor23

O.P. RE: transparency
i figured that the problem will be gone if i uninstalled the alt-tab replacement, and like i said, i wasnt sure if it was a prob of msgplus or the replacement. so i was wondering if e cause of this problem was a bug in msgplus. thus my post. hope i cleared e air. thanx anyway :)
Get Paid to Search the Net using Netbux
04-25-2005 03:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: