What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » where in canada can i buy apple pcs?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
where in canada can i buy apple pcs?
Author: Message:
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: where in canada can i buy apple pcs?
I know the bestbuys around missississauga sell macs. Also if your in/around toronto you can get a mac from digital prototypes. i like their service, thats where i bought both of my ipods.

This post was edited on 04-22-2005 at 02:41 AM by lizard.boy.
04-22-2005 02:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
The futureshop here in Sask does have appls. :-/ you guys must be crazy :P

Bah!
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
04-22-2005 03:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
Originally posted by JackSparrow

EDIT: also is a mac notebook or desktop pc, compatible with windows files?
like can i make stuff on the apple pc, then transfer it to the windows pc?
Perfectly compatible if you have the program to open the files. Mac OSX can recognise most filetypes these days and has built in programs for them.
quote:
EDIT: or is it better just to stick with a windows based computer?
If you're used to it - but if you're looking for a change then a Mac is a good thing to invest into.
quote:
Originally posted by blade
And yes - you can view SOME windows files on a Apple PC, but not all.

MACs are good if you're not a gamer and are using it for word processing, imaging, video editing, etc.
Crap crap crap. Mac OSX is built on Unix, any decent game which can also run on linux will run on a Mac. You can do everything you can on a PC on a Mac.
quote:
If you want to play games, but remember - most laptops are not game machines. Unless you get a gaming laptop then you can't play games that are CPU intensive.
The reason for this is that all the parts are really close together and get really hot - playing CPU intensive games can fry it all (like what happened to my bud's PC).
The only real difference in a "gaming" laptop is that the components are usually better, things like 128mb video cards etc. The components are still close together. As for not common, alot of decent laptops on the market these days will play the latest games fine (look for ones with the ATI Mobility and Nvidia video chipsets).

It shouldn't fry a laptop at all - infact even laptops have the CPU alarm temperature and the components in a laptop will not reach "melting" or "frying" temperatures by playing games. All PC components are designed so they are able to run at high temperatures. The only frying you may do is if you've stuffed something up, whether it be overclocking, not applying thermal paste properly, shorting out things etc.

HDD's in laptops are upgradable too - they're standard 2.5" laptop hard drives. PCMCIA slots make extendability for some devices easy too (such as tv tuners).

quote:

so i guess your saying, my best bet is to buy a laptop online.
I'd recommend actually going to a store or something first to check it out in person - getting a better idea of general performance, looks etc.
quote:

I'm saying - if you want to upgrade and/or play a lot of highly CPU intensive games then spend the extra for an Alienware or VooDoo PC.
Why? The price markup is huge for something that doesn't have much better specs than anything else that is available. For gaming you're going to want CPU speed, RAM and Video card capabilities. I can get a machine from Toshiba which matches (and even beats) those specs of Alienware machines, and you're paying less.
04-22-2005 03:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: