What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » emoticons arent showing on my contact list or in conversation windows PLEASE HELP!!

emoticons arent showing on my contact list or in conversation windows PLEASE HELP!!
Author: Message:
thatshot

O.P. Sad  emoticons arent showing on my contact list or in conversation windows PLEASE HELP!!
hey everyone! ive got the new Messenger Plus and i was jst wundrin, dus anyone know why emoticons in my contact list and in conversation windows arent showing up? the ones on my name show up but not on my contacts names. and also there showing up fine if someone sends me an emoticon or i send them one! wots going on? its driving me loopy, its just showing the shortcut for the emoticon in peoples names e.g (*) grrrrr! plz help me! right bak through this or add me on msn shugarplum@hotmail.com

This post was edited on 07-10-2006 at 03:36 PM by thatshot.
07-10-2006 03:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
:.dudeman.:

RE: emoticons arent showing on my contact list or in conversation windows PLEASE HELP!!
Hey, I was having this problem for months. I looked around for what could have been the problem but nothing helped. Then I realised that I have Zone Alarm Security Suite running on my comoputer. It scans any incoming IM's for viruses. While it is trying to help out in reality it is stopping emotions and display pictures from showing up. To fix this problem, you have to set Zone Alarm not to startup with the computer by going into Overview\Preferences\Load Zone Alarm.... just make sure it insn't on. Then exit Windows Live or MSN, whichever you are running, and restart your computer. Then you sign into your Live Mail\MSN account and your emoticons and display pictures should work perfectly. Once you start running Zone Alarm again they will stop. So I suppose in order to enjoy Live Messenger or MSN at their fullest you need to leave your computer vulnerable, I'm willing to take that risk.

PS: It also stops file transfers and can cause many other problems.  Like some of your messages won't go through.

So if you are running a Zone Alarm product, I guarantee this is the problem.

PPS: Allright, if you start up Zone Alarm after restarting your computer and logging in, it does work, but only on occasion. So try your luck I guess, if they don't work when you start Zone Alarm the first time, try shutting it down and then restarting it. Hope it helps.

This post was edited on 07-11-2006 at 02:19 AM by :.dudeman.:.
07-11-2006 02:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
:.dudeman.:

RE: emoticons arent showing on my contact list or in conversation windows PLEASE HELP!!
If you want to run Zone Alarm while running Live Messenger I have just found a fix, but beware, it is for the savy user only. Mistakes here can cause system instability and ruin your computer. DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT OF YOUR ABILITIES. http://www.messenger.mattchan.co.uk/index.php?opt...iew&id=13&Itemid=2

BACK UP YOUR FILES, VERY IMPORTANT.
07-11-2006 03:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: