What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Spyware

Spyware
Author: Message:
TekGuru

O.P. Undecided  Spyware
As much as I love MSN Messenger Plus!(Y) it has so much spyware and it makes me feel unsafe (N) Can I remove it?

-TekGuru
04-24-2005 03:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: Spyware
First of all, it isn't spyware. It is adware. You can go to here to find out how to remove it: [Link]
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
04-24-2005 03:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
Also, Plus! itself contains no adware or spyware. The optional sponser program attatched to Plus!, however, does contain some adware.

quote:
Originally posted by msgplus.net

Messenger Plus! comes with an optional sponsor program (for more information about the sponsor, please visit the Get The Facts page). This program will show ads from time to time on your computer, will add a search bar in Internet Explorer and will also change your start page. In NO case this sponsor is mandatory or dangerous. If you don't want it, simply refuse the sponsor agreement during the setup and you will never hear about it again. If you installed the sponsor by error, just uninstall Messenger Plus! (it will trigger the sponsor uninstall program), reboot your computer, and reinstall without the sponsor if you want to continue to use Messenger Plus!.

Important: if you wish to get rid of the sponsor program, you must uninstall Messenger Plus! from the Add/Remove Programs window. If you start deleting files on your own you will prevent a full system restore as some of the files copied by the sponsor are backups of your original configuration files. Also, never attempt to use programs such as Adaware to remove the sponsor. Doing so would permanently damage the sponsor's restore data and would make the uninstallation much harder than it should be. You don't use third party programs to remove your other software, the sponsor is no different. For detailed instructions, check out this special post on the forum.

If you need further help with the sponser, feel free to search the forums or ask in this thread.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

04-24-2005 04:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Ok i have made a video guide to show how to install plus without the sponser.

Video

I thinks it's pritty good for the size :)
04-25-2005 09:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: