What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » "what i'm listening to"

"what i'm listening to"
Author: Message:
xhatexmex

Silence.After.This.Disaster

36 / Female / –
O.P. Undecided  "what i'm listening to"
I want to set my personal message to the "what im listening to" setting. I click it yet nothing happens, it doesnt seem to work. It works for everyone else except me. Any idea how to fix this?(N)
                  xSilence after this disasterx
04-25-2005 04:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: "what i'm listening to"
What Media Player are you trying to get to work with it?
If you are using Windows media player open Windows Media player click Tools > Plug-ins > and make sure that MSN Messenger Music-Plugin is ticked.

If you are using Winamp you will need This file to be able to let it work in Winamp. If you use a version of Windows before XP you will need to download WinZip to be able to listen to that.

If you use any other media player, please specify to get specific advice for your problem.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-25-2005 05:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
f00kie

37 / Male / –
This seems to be a bug in either MSN Messenger or Messenger Plus. When I update my Messenger Plus to a new version and don't reboot, the feature works. However, after a compuetr reboot, I can't get it to work. Also, if I try to reinstall the same Messenger Plus version on top of the one already installed, it doesn't help either.
[Image: sig.png]
04-30-2005 03:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tobeon

– / Male / –
I have had that problem too, if you close WMP, then MSN, then re-open MSN and re-open WMP it seems to work... if it doesnt work do the process again... every now and again it seems to be stubborn and take 2 or 3 times.
[Image: siggy.jpg]
05-01-2005 08:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by f00kie
This seems to be a bug in either MSN Messenger or Messenger Plus. When I update my Messenger Plus to a new version and don't reboot, the feature works. However, after a compuetr reboot, I can't get it to work. Also, if I try to reinstall the same Messenger Plus version on top of the one already installed, it doesn't help either.
Messenger Plus! has nothing to do with the "what I'm listening to" feature (yet... because a feature which supports this could maybe be added in the futur).

(so, xhatexmex, this is posted in the wrong forum ;))

This post was edited on 05-02-2005 at 12:13 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-02-2005 12:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: