What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! Detection?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus! Detection?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Detection?
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
In Plus! there are no features which explicitly depend on such a thing.
Custom sounds, text format, nickname formatting and surely some others cause that non-Plus users see a lot of weird things.
But they all don't explicitly need a auto-detect feature to work... The other user will still see the information sent.

(this isn't like if you send a wink for example; the other user explicitly need messenger 7 to be able to see the wink)

quote:
quote:
He doesn't want to use the MSN protocol as this can be the cause for more problems and even people blaming Messenger Plus! for *beeping* up their connection and what not...
I didn't talk about protcol reverse-tricking. I said adding certain strings to the first sent message (like for example a transparent smilie with the code (!MP352)) or to the first chat-nickname sent saying hey! I've got this plus version. This is a legal use of the protocol (like using the formatting characters or sending the soundID) that is nearly transparent at human level.
I understand, but this requires the use of the protocol (if you don't want the global screenname to be changed, but only the "chat-only-name" like StuffPlug-NG does).

quote:
quote:
He also doesn't want Messenger Plus! to connect to the other user directly (P2P) either for the same reasons
This is completely understandable, there is no real need for that.
This was just a prequation statement for suggestions like "send information (like plusversion or something) directly to the user then" :D
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-25-2005 06:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! Detection?
Yeah, I actually found out myself saying that was protocol-level below in the post. I contradict myself sometimes :P

This is not required to do anything, but I think, you know.. it would be nice to respect those users not having Plus! installed and it would look very professional to show such messages when Plus! is unsure about it. I still think there's more pro's than contra's in adding it. :)
04-25-2005 06:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: