What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Unlocking messenger

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Unlocking messenger
Author: Message:
C0NTiNUiTY

!!!BERK!!! -FEED ME-

40 / Male / –
O.P. Unlocking messenger
I used to be a Trillian user (a pro - subscribed one) but hav since seen the light and have converted. Been using msgplus for about a month now and have registered for the forums so before anything......

Hi!!!

I would like to request the implementation of a message /unlock command to unlock messenger, the following waffle explains why:

quote:
Originally posted by [b
The Waffle[/b]]
I play games a lot and one annoyance with messenger is the toasts crippling your frame rate and message windows stealing focus.

I use batch files to launch my games and when the shortcut plugin came out it meant i could incorporate a shortcut into my batch file.

code:
for example..

start /wait C:\Progra~1\Messen~2\Plugins\Shortcut.exe "/com=sendtext=2=<name removed>@hotmail.com=/lock /com=sendtext=2=<name removed>@hotmail.com=/away I can't return your message right now. I am playing >--- Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory %2 ---< /com=delay=1 /com=sendtext=2=<name removed>@hotmail.com=/pic enemy /com=delay=3 /com=closeconvo=<name removed>@hotmail.com /com="

start d:\mycust~1\q3emin~1.exe

del /f /s c:\progra~1\wolfen~1\*.pid

"%systemroot%\radrun.exe" D:\My Customisations\Radlinks\et.radlnk %*

start /wait C:\Progra~1\Messen~2\Plugins\Shortcut.exe "/com=sendtext=4=<insert name>@hotmail.com=/pic burk /com=delay=2   /com=closeconvo=<insert>@hotmail.com /com=delay=3 /com=status=onl /com="

To summarize:

it locks messenger sets my away message to the game + ip of server, changes buddy icon to game, loads up quake 3 engine minimizer, launches game, when game finished changes to online and restores my buddy icon.

The problem:

Its great now tht i can auto lock messenger so i dont get any more focus stealing but i have a problem, seein as the messenger lock function doesnot change the icon of messenger i sometimes forget to unlock messenger making my friends think i am ignoring them. I also have missed the opportunity to reply to important messages because when i finally realise tht messenger is still locked the contact has since signed off.

The solution:

If an /unlock command could be added to msgplus i could add that to the shortcut to automatically unlock messenger (althou the message windows are hidden the shortcut plugin still sends text to ppls) and i would never forget to unlock it again.

04-27-2005 12:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: Unlocking messenger
If you go into the lock settings in Plus!, you can change your status. Which means you can also set your status as a Personalised Status.

So when your contacts message you, they will be auto-messaged about where you are and what you are doing.

EDIT: Found this plugin: Status Picture Changer. Maybe you could bind a display picture with a certain Status?? :)

This post was edited on 04-27-2005 at 01:17 PM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
04-27-2005 12:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
C0NTiNUiTY

!!!BERK!!! -FEED ME-

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Unlocking messenger
Thanks for trying but....

I think you got the wrong end of the stick with what i am after
i already sucessfully have changing display pictures and personalised away messages for each of my different games and the messenger locking

I want it to automatically UNLOCK when you have finished with the game.

the only way i can think of it would be the introduction of a /unlock command
04-27-2005 01:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Commands should be entered in a conversation window (even if they are automatically send!), but since the Messenger is locked this can't be done (edit to make it clear: MANUALLY). In other words, such a command would be useless...

Maybe a solution would be to also activate the boss protection feature which enables you to change the icon.

Or to use the ultimate Messenger Lock plugin (found here: Ultimate Messenger Lock v1.0 released)

This post was edited on 04-27-2005 at 03:41 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-27-2005 01:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
That is what I thought you meant when I first read it. But I was thinking there might be more to your post than just that...
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
04-27-2005 02:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
C0NTiNUiTY

!!!BERK!!! -FEED ME-

40 / Male / –
the power of reading compels you

quote:
Originally posted by C0NTi
(althou the message windows are hidden the shortcut plugin still sends text to ppls)

try locking the messenger then try changing your name with the shortcut plugin, lo and behold your name still changes yet the messenger is locked, try sending some text to someone while its locked, you can still send them text. ( I tested this by using another computer)

You can still essentially 'talk' with messenger locked with the shortcut plugin!!

I no it seems odd to have an /unlock command when you dont have access to chat windows but if you had read what i said you would seem im not actually that stupid.

all the suggestions i have received i appreciate but i do not want to resort to using hotkeys as in my first post i forget to unlock messenger, i am looking for a wholly automated process.

On trillian this could be achieved using the word-matchin/automation but i cannot see a similar facility in msgplus to make ur own aliases.

This post was edited on 04-27-2005 at 03:36 PM by C0NTiNUiTY.
04-27-2005 03:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by C0NTiNUiTY
the power of reading compels you
(...)
I no it seems odd to have an /unlock command when you dont have access to chat windows but if you had read what i said you would seem im not actually that stupid.
Please be a bit more polite, nobody is calling anybody stupid!.

As I said a command must be entered in a convo window, and as you don't have access to a convo window when in locked mode a manual command for unlocking is totaly useless and therefore will not be added.

I also listed two different alternatives you maybe could use or take benefit from it...

quote:
i cannot see a similar facility in msgplus to make ur own aliases.
If you mean aliases as in command aliases or groups of commands then this can be done with Quicktexts...

Plus! > Preferences > Message Helpers > Quick Texts

This post was edited on 04-27-2005 at 03:39 PM by CookieRevised.
04-27-2005 03:34 PM
C0NTiNUiTY

!!!BERK!!! -FEED ME-

40 / Male / –
thank you

from what i understand of quick texts its merely an alias that sends text
but in trillian its a bit different you can create your own aliases that can send text, execute programs, change preferences etc etc

e.g if it detects /unlock you can set trillian to unhide all hidden windows

the msn appraoch it doesnt offer the same level of functionality

My 'reading' comment was not meant to be grating, and apologise if you felt a little insulted. It was meant to be 'having a larf' but alas the internet cannot convey how text is meant to be heard, also cultural differences crop in and humour is lost.

I have now resorted to harassing the creator of the shortcut plugin to see if he could add a lock/unlock command. I would think this shouldnt be too hard as it can already be doen in hotkey form, but then again i am not a programmer type of person...

This post was edited on 04-27-2005 at 03:53 PM by C0NTiNUiTY.
04-27-2005 03:52 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
from what i understand of quick texts its merely an alias that sends text
but in trillian its a bit different you can create your own aliases that can send text, execute programs, change preferences etc etc
That is exactly what Quick Text in Messenger Plus can do.
04-27-2005 04:36 PM
C0NTiNUiTY

!!!BERK!!! -FEED ME-

40 / Male / –
ok then how do i make an /unlock alias then

[Image: c0ntinuity.png]
04-27-2005 04:51 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »