What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [REQUEST] Script to organise recieved files

[REQUEST] Script to organise recieved files
Author: Message:
Hachem

O.P. [REQUEST] Script to organise recieved files
Hello

I recive a lot of files daily by MSN , i am using MsgPlus Live

does anyone here know about any script to make me organise files by contact ( like historique )

for example :

Frederic Send me a file , when i check my recived file called design.zip i will find

my recived files/frederic/26-11-2007/design.psd

best regards and thanks :)
11-27-2007 07:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [REQUEST] Script to organise recieved files
This idea was already brought to me by one of my messenger contacts, using the name "My Received Files Sorter", and I would be happy to create it. Unfortunately, I don't have much time at the moment, but the idea for it is already pinned on my Windows desktop.
quote:
Originally posted by T3h Unkn0wn

I hate it when people send me files and sometimes I don't know when or from who... So I thought of a Rcieved Files Organizer script...
How about an auto-soting script?
it should detect the file transfer packet, checks if it is recieved yet, then detects contacts email,  and moves it to that folder...
And also a custom thing from options window is to select "Sort by type, sort by date, sort by name" this should enable new folders for those files, aka sort by type should move the certain file to the certain type folder, etc.. and the sort by name thing should make folders from a to z and put the file as it's first letter...
And well, if the My Recieved files isn't located in the my documents flder, you can aask to specify the folder in options window and at script first launch...
1. Script shall display a window asking for "My Recieved Files\" exact location on first launch.
2. Script shall move all the old (unsorted) files to a folder named "Old (Unsorted) Files".
3. Script shall display a toast to notify you of changing your settings.
4. Script shall have an options window displaying:
     o     My Recieved Files location [Field must show location].
     o     "Sort by:" [Date, Type, Name, Size] - Should be radio buttons.
     o     Display a tip saying "Tip: Resorting only works from Date to Type, Name, and Size not viceversa (though you could resort from Type to name, Type to size, Size to type, Size to name), thus choose carefully!".
     o     Buttons at the bottom: [ Resorter ] [    OK    ] [  Cancel  ] [   Apply   ].
5. Script shall have a resorting window [Seperated from the options window] displaying:
     o     "Resort from:" [Date to type, Date to name, Date to size, Type to name, Type to size, Size to type, Size to name] - Should be radio buttons.
     o     Display a tip saying "Tip: Resorting only works from Date to Type, Name, and Size not viceversa, though you could resort from Type to name, Type to size, Size to type, Size to name!".
     o     Buttons at the bottom: [ Options  ] [    OK    ] [  Cancel  ] [   Apply   ].
6. Submenus should appear in Contact List and Conversation windows and should have:
     o     Options.
     o     Resorter.
     o     Help - This should have a full explanation of how the script functions.
     o     About.

mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
11-27-2007 07:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
I think that Dempsey is working on something for this ;)
11-27-2007 09:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
Yea I am but atm it uses xniff as it works by packet sniffing, but it's not the greatest way of doing it and isn't very reliable.

I have actually managed to completly break the script last time I worked on it, so I need to fix that :p
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
11-27-2007 09:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: