What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Gmail - Outlook - Setup but doesnt show:S

Gmail - Outlook - Setup but doesnt show:S
Author: Message:
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Gmail - Outlook - Setup but doesnt show:S
i have set up gmail in outlook 2003 but unlike hotmail, it doenst have a mail folder (so i dont know how i can access and read emails from outlook)

how can i give it a folder?

thanks

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
05-02-2005 10:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Gmail - Outlook - Setup but doesnt show:S
There should be one automatically if u followed the instructions on Configuring your email client: Outlook 2003

Go to Tools, E-mail Accounts and check that everything is as it should be. Does it appear to be recieving emails at all?
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
05-02-2005 10:33 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Gmail - Outlook - Setup but doesnt show:S
it is configured exactely like it says, i configured it using that site...

it doenst show up auto?:( but i do get a 'test email' from outlook wen i check my gmail inbox through IE

05-02-2005 10:40 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

35 / Male / Flag
Do you still have your hotmail folder there? I configured mine with outlook a long time ago so i can't remember everything exactly. I think i remember having some problems with it. I deleted my hotmail folder and i think it was alright after that. My gmail messages at the moment are just in Mail, Personal folders, inbox.

If you go to tools, email accounts, view or change existing counts, there is an option to deliver mail to a location. All your mail might be going to the same folder.
05-02-2005 10:45 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Do you still have your hotmail folder there? I configured mine with outlook a long time ago so i can't remember everything exactly. I think i remember having some problems with it. I deleted my hotmail folder and i think it was alright after that. My gmail messages at the moment are just in Mail, Personal folders, inbox.

If you go to tools, email accounts, view or change existing counts, there is an option to deliver mail to a location. All your mail might be going to the same folder.

erm i have 2 hotmails setup (working fine) the have their own folder each ..... they are all set to go to personal folders (dont udnerstand this bit) but if i goto create a new data file or whatever it has 2 hotmail data files (i think thats probably for the hotmails i have setup already) but when i click/highlight them they say delivering to personal folders (only folder in the drop down list)

05-02-2005 10:50 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

35 / Male / Flag
I can't really find anything about folder problems. Are you sure its not just in the inbox if you expand personal folders? I added my hotmail and it created a separate folder, but my gmail inbox is loacted inside personal folders in the mail section.
05-02-2005 11:03 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
I can't really find anything about folder problems. Are you sure its not just in the inbox if you expand personal folders? I added my hotmail and it created a separate folder, but my gmail inbox is loacted inside personal folders in the mail section.
when i look in the personal folders theres nothing from gmail its empty except for some welcome email from outlook.....

05-03-2005 06:34 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: