What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Auto "Idle" in MsgPlus! changes personalized status...

Auto "Idle" in MsgPlus! changes personalized status...
Author: Message:
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Auto "Idle" in MsgPlus! changes personalized status...
Hi!

The MSN Messenger auto "Idle" will not change my status if it is set to something else than "Online". If I'm "Busy", i will continue to stay "Busy" even if the computer is unused for a longer period than the time limit is set to. But the same function in MsgPlus! will change whatever status I've chosen when the computer has not been in use for the same amount of minutes.

This is actually a bit annoying, because it would've been great to set the satatus to something else than "Away" when I'm "Idle", but if I use the personalized status in MsgPlus! AND the "Idle"-function in MsgPlus! the status will change to "Right back" even if I've set it to be "Away", "Sleeping" or whatever.

Is there any way to work around this that I haven't thought of? Or is it maybe possible to change this in a later version, so that MsgPlus! "Idle" will only change the status if it is set to "Online"? Maybe it even can be a checkbox, so you can decide if you wan't it to change to personalized "Idle" only when you are "Online" or change it no matter what your status are.

Thanx in advance for any help with this!

PS! Maybe this should've been in the Bug forum? If so, any moderator feel free to move it!

PPS! I'm sorry if my English isn't to good, as it is not my native language...

This post was edited on 04-29-2005 at 12:44 PM by einum.
04-29-2005 12:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Auto "Idle" in MsgPlus! changes personalized status...
First of all, do not use both Idle functions at the same time.
(You can use them at the same time, but be very aware of exactly what those functions do and how they work, otherwise you will only be confussed (as it shows now :P))

To let the Idle function of Plus! only react when your status is "Online" or "Idle", just as MSN Messenger, you need to set an advanced registry key named AutoAwayAlways.

For more information on this see the official help pages of Messenger Plus! and more specifically here: http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php. Everything is explained on those pages. (including a link to a utility which can set those special registry settings for you, without the need of manually editing the registry)

This post was edited on 04-29-2005 at 01:32 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-29-2005 01:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Auto "Idle" in MsgPlus! changes personalized status...
Thank you for your fast and detailed answer!

For the record: I never use both of the Idle functions at the same time. The original one functions well, but the MsgPlus! is better since it is possible to choose personalized status as Idle.

I already have MsgPlusTweak, but have only briefly looked at it so far. So this value should be set to False then. I hope this works, if not you will recieve a letter from my lawyer... ;) Well, not exactly, but I will post in this thread again.

Edit: GREAT! It worked just as I wanted it to! (Y) Whoopidoo!

This post was edited on 04-29-2005 at 06:54 PM by einum.
04-29-2005 06:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: