What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » aRGh U LIE!!!!!! (handwriting still not working)

aRGh U LIE!!!!!! (handwriting still not working)
Author: Message:
caRd

...whats an avatar

36 / Female / –
O.P. Grin  aRGh U LIE!!!!!! (handwriting still not working)
i hav just re downloaded msn 7 and msg plus AGAIN ...for about the 3rd time ...and the handwriting feature is still not working...i know that it is with msn 7 not you guys but they arent helping me ...
i used to be able to see my friends handwriting ...but after the last RE download i cant ....also when i go to download the ink program it says that you cant use it with msn 7 only msn 5 and 6 ....this confused me as i thought that there was no such thing and handwriting when msn 5 and 6 were out....

i hav downloaded the ink...but it still doesnt work.....my computer is up to date with everything and i have XP....a cable internet connection and everything that it says you need....except msn 5 or 6.....why is it still not working

thanks if u can help

ok just so u all know i fixed it by my self....but i shall leave this here just incase ne one else has the same problem :D

This post was edited on 05-05-2005 at 04:38 AM by caRd.
.ash.
while eating bakebeans.
05-05-2005 03:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
RE: aRGh U LIE!!!!!!
Or MS journal viewer.
Rafy.

05-05-2005 04:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: aRGh U LIE!!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by caRd
i hav just re downloaded msn 7 and msg plus AGAIN ...for about the 3rd time ...and the handwriting feature is still not working...i know that it is with msn 7 not you guys but they arent helping me ...
i used to be able to see my friends handwriting ...but after the last RE download i cant ....also when i go to download the ink program it says that you cant use it with msn 7 only msn 5 and 6 ....this confused me as i thought that there was no such thing and handwriting when msn 5 and 6 were out....

i hav downloaded the ink...but it still doesnt work.....my computer is up to date with everything and i have XP....a cable internet connection and everything that it says you need....except msn 5 or 6.....why is it still not working

thanks if u can help
Some facts (which you could find if you search the forums) and to put everything you need to know in 1 post:

• (original post)
    Remember that the Ink/handwriting function is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (It was not designed for Windows 2000, but it may work. This means it is also possible that for your Windows 2000 system it doesn't work!)

• (original post)
    Do not install InfoPen if you are going to install the Handwriting Plugin.

Furthermore InfoPen is not free and can only be used for a certain amount of time (for free). It also conflicts with some other addons.

I suggest you to uninstall InfoPen completely and start over by just installing the Ink Redistributables and the handwriting plugin if you're using MSN Messenger 6.x.
    Or just the Ink Redistributables if you're using MSN Messenger 7.x (no need for the handwriting plugin in msn messenger 7, so uninstall it if you did install it when using MSN Messenger 7)...

• Also, when you do install the Ink Redistributables, you need to check the option "for everybody" instead of "for current user only"...

• (original post)
    If you're using MSN Messenger 7, you don't need the full plugin anymore. MSN Messenger 7 already has support for handwriting build-in. To activate it you need the Ink Redistributables and they can be downloaded from: http://www.kaonet.net/files/msn/InkRedist.zip

If you're using MSN Messenger 6, then besides the Ink Redistributables you also need a Messenger Plus! plugin to enable the handwriting feature. This can be downloaded directly from this link: HandWriting_without_convert.zip (535.09 KB)

Note 1: Handwriting is designed only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. It was not specifically designed for Windows 2000, but it may work. This means it is also possible that for your Windows 2000 system it doesn't work! It will certainly not work on Windows 98(se) or Windows ME.

Note 2: When you install the Ink Redistributables (weither it is alone or with the plugin), you need to install them with the option "For Everybody" ticked, otherwise it will not work.

Note 3: the convert button will still not work after you've installed the Ink Redistributables and/or the full plugin. For this you need to install another DLL which you can find here together with installaltion instructions: http://www.mongfish.com/msnmsgr/ (read the instructions first). With the convert button you can write text with your mouse and it will be automatically converted to typed text.

And caRd, this has nothing to do with Messenger Plus! but only with MSN/Windows messenger, so the thread should have been posted in the subforum MSN/Windows Messenger. Also make your thread titles more descriptive and meaningfull in the futur. ;)

This post was edited on 05-05-2005 at 02:56 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-05-2005 04:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: