What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » contact sign in/sign out sounds

contact sign in/sign out sounds
Author: Message:
heng03313

O.P. contact sign in/sign out sounds
i am on XP, sp2, msn 7.0.0777 and plus! 3.52.130

i am trying to make msn play a different sound for each individual contact when they sign in/out

i have tried all ways but i jus cant get it to play a specific sound... it jus goes 'Ding' for all the contacts.

i need help, a complete 'walkthrough' of how to do it will be good

some of my settings that may be useful to determine my problem:

a) msnmessenger:
    tools > options > alerts and sounds > all 4 check box checked

b) Plus!:
    i) Plus! > preferences > general options > sounds > all checkbox checked, drop down menu shows '10'
    ii) Plus! > preferences > notifications > sounds > 'enable contact sign-in & sign-out sound notifications' checked
    iii) Plus! > preferences > notifications > sounds > *contact i want to assign a sound on sign-in* > *sound selected, played correctly, .wav file*
    vi) Plus! > preferences > notifications > popup options > 'enable messenger plus! notification windows' checked, other 2 check-box unchecked
    v) Plus! > preferences > notifications > popup defaults > all check-box unchecked

i have tried all combinations of the check boxes. nothing worked
i assigned sounds to the contact AND to the group he is in, and when he sign-ins, it still goes 'Ding' - the msn default
i tried signing out and in again after i have changed my settings, stills goes 'Ding'
i tried to close messenger window after i changed my settings and it still goes 'Ding'
i tried the 'save/load' on the bottom left and it still goes 'Ding'
to every contact that sign-ins, it just keep on going 'Ding', 'Ding', 'Ding' and 'Ding'
have not tried restarting computer after changing settings because a restart of msn messenger would be sufficient

05-06-2005 10:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
contact sign in/sign out sounds - by heng03313 on 05-06-2005 at 10:25 AM
RE: contact sign in/sign out sounds - by CookieRevised on 05-06-2005 at 12:07 PM
RE: contact sign in/sign out sounds - by serendipity on 05-06-2005 at 01:53 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: