What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » 7.5 Crashing

7.5 Crashing
Author: Message:
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
O.P. 7.5 Crashing
Anyone else experiencing problems with 7.5?

I dont think its very stable, ive lost count of how many times it has randomly crashed, it also crashes when i select a persons contact card and click any link on it.

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0160
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.54.0132
07-22-2005 05:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: 7.5 Crashing
The forums aren't a place to ask support for a beta. If you are a beta tester, go ask in the correct places. If you're not, either live with it or go back to 6.2. You won't (or shouldn't, rather) be getting support from here.

ES put it best:

quote:
*sigh* all you people having problems with MSN Messenger 7.5, stop using it. If you are a beta tester, you should be shot. You are not allowed to discuss it in here and those that know the solutions to your problems will *not* assist, so stop asking. MSN Messenger 7.5 is a BETA for a reason.

Now stop using it unless you're a tester or keep quiet about the many problems you'll face using it. No one's listening - at least no one that matters and no one that can help you will help you.

If you haven't gotten my point yet, I'll be blunt.

STOP USING LEAKED BUILDS OF MSN MESSENGER 7.5 and then saying it's so CRAP. It's a freaking BETA, it's not meant to be perfect or stable. A BETA is meant to be tested. The TEAM OF BETA TESTERS is meant to find bugs and report them, not you. Now stop complaining about bugs and instability or the inability to sign in. It's a BETA, go-freaking-figure!

This post was edited on 07-22-2005 at 05:05 AM by ddunk.
07-22-2005 05:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: 7.5 Crashing
I wasnt asking for support i was merely asking if its happening to anyone else, dont get angry. I realise that its a beta, and betas are hardly ever stable or near perfect but im not complaining, just asking if anyone else is getting this or just me

This post was edited on 07-22-2005 at 05:08 AM by Pyroteq.
07-22-2005 05:06 AM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
I wasnt asking for support i was asking if its happening to anyone else, dont get angry. I realise that its a beta, and betas are hardly ever stable or near perfect but im not complaining, just asking if anyone else is getting this or just me

It's a BETA... not much you can do... will work for some... and not so good for others.
07-22-2005 05:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: 7.5 Crashing
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99

It's a BETA... not much you can do... will work for some... and not so good for others.

Indeed.
07-22-2005 05:12 AM
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
Well when I first installed and patched it it would sign in and then crash. The contact list would go white and nothing would happen. After a reinstall it works patched. I think the only new feature thats really different and hasn't been made before in plus or otherwise is the new sign-in screen. I have msn in the tray all the time anyway so that doesn't even make any difference.
07-23-2005 10:26 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
No i dont have this problem.
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk's quote of someone

*sigh* all you people having problems with MSN Messenger 7.5, stop using it. If you are a beta tester, you should be shot. You are not allowed to discuss it in here and those that know the solutions to your problems will *not* assist, so stop asking. MSN Messenger 7.5 is a BETA for a reason.

Now stop using it unless you're a tester or keep quiet about the many problems you'll face using it. No one's listening - at least no one that matters and no one that can help you will help you.

If you haven't gotten my point yet, I'll be blunt.

STOP USING LEAKED BUILDS OF MSN MESSENGER 7.5 and then saying it's so CRAP. It's a freaking BETA, it's not meant to be perfect or stable. A BETA is meant to be tested. The TEAM OF BETA TESTERS is meant to find bugs and report them, not you. Now stop complaining about bugs and instability or the inability to sign in. It's a BETA, go-freaking-figure!
(Y) agreed.
Just go back to msn messenger 7.0.0814 (or what ever the last .081xx build was; i dont remember)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-23-2005 10:41 AM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
If it works fine, u don't have to go back, but if it crashes, just go back to 700816...
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
07-23-2005 12:57 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
If it works fine, u don't have to go back, but if it crashes, just go back to 700816...
Why dont ppl just wait till 7.5 is offically released as a stable beta or a permanent 7.5 thingy .... :-/ whats with the temptation to use betas even tho they could harm your pc :-/ Just lay off the leaked ones and wait for the full versions. 7 Beta was worth is ... 7.5 is not .... its just so so .... dgb's (dynamic backgrounds) suck imo the sound thing is ok but buggy :-/ new sign in window is good :)
And the other minor things like the msn search and all are non noticiable pretty much as you dont use em everyday ... (well the search mabbe but ppl prefer to goto google :P)
So imo it aint worth getting your pc crashed. Just wait for the stable one ;)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-23-2005 01:04 PM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
A new version of MSN (or other software) is like a birthdaypresent, u can see it's size, it's weight, and u have an idea of what to expect.
But some people can't just keep their hands of it and realy want to look at it. They open the package and start playin with it.
U know, u can't stop them from doin it...
Even tho it might ruin the actual birthday...
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
07-23-2005 02:50 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: