What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » MSN 7 now crashing when Plus 3.52 is installed

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSN 7 now crashing when Plus 3.52 is installed
Author: Message:
Delta

O.P. MSN 7 now crashing when Plus 3.52 is installed
Hi I have been using MSN 7 Full for 4 weeks, when I first installed MSN 7 I was running plus 3.50 and it was fine and bug free, few days after I downloaded and installed plus 3.52, and everything has been running fine for a few weeks..

Lastnight I started adding contacts with only Mobile SMS numbers to my contact list, I tried to add a custom Messenger Plus name to that mobile only contact and failed (for some reason you cant add custom names to mobile contacts as of yet, maybe next plus version ;)) then MSN crashed, I signed back in, i then could not talk to anyone anymore (as soon as i try to start a conversation with anyone MSN now crashes) I rebooted no luck, i then uninstalled and rebooted, then reinstalled both MSN and Plus, no luck still same problem, I then signed into MSN with Plus installed, with another .net passport account (same machine) and I had no problem. I then Uninstalled everything and just installed MSN 7 and I have no problem with anything, as soon as I install Plus the problem comes back..

My versions are as follows..
Windows XP Pro SP2
Messenger Plus 3.52
MSN Messenger 7.0.0777

I am currently just using MSN 7 with no plus which sucks! (N)

I have also used other Messengers like Trillian Pro 3.1 and it works fine.

Please work out the problem, coz I luv plus! thanks guys! :)
05-11-2005 04:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: MSN 7 now crashing when Plus 3.52 is installed
since msn and plus! seem to work for you with another .net passport the only thing i can ask (sort of a stupid question really) is .. when uninstalling plus! did you uninstall your preferences as well?

perhaps you left them behind, and each time you sign in with your main account, the problem you had in the beginning with the "custom name" for the mobile only contact, is causing the problem. :-/

... another thing you can try is maybe (when you sign in to msn without plus! running) delete your mobile only contact from your contact list, and sign out. than sign back in again but with plus! and see if that works out for you. (if it does, than add your contact again.)
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

05-11-2005 04:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'd like it very much if you could email me the email of the SMS contact you added that caused so many troubles. My email is mplus@patchou.com . I'll do my best to fix that problem.

Thanks,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-11-2005 03:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Delta

O.P. RE: MSN 7 now crashing when Plus 3.52 is installed
Hi I have since fixed the problem, Thanks Joa your a babe! it was quite an obvious thing to do but i didn't want to lose my settings, so I exported and saved my settings, I then deleted and restored the settings to the default, I then tested and found it stable, I then imported my settings back and everything is stable and groovy again!, I will just ignore the phone number only function on MSN 7 for the time being. I would say that it corrupted one of the pref files, but hey it works now!

Also once MSN had crashed it would not loadup again it said that their was a fatal error, and I could not read the description of the error as the window was not big enough.

Patchou, I created a contact with only a phone number, their was no email address.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work! :)
05-12-2005 02:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm still interested in trying to reproduce the problem, however, I have no clue how to add a contact using a phone number only.. can you help me out? :)
05-12-2005 02:26 PM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm still interested in trying to reproduce the problem, however, I have no clue how to add a contact using a phone number only.. can you help me out? :)
If the .net passport's associated region is United States, it is possible to Create a new contact from a mobile number in Contacts -> Add Contacts (main Messenger window). To my best knowledge, this was added in 7.0.0813. :)

The service may be available in other countries/regions too, but I am not sure.

This post was edited on 05-12-2005 at 03:00 PM by Mnjul.
05-12-2005 02:57 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Are you sure you are using MSN & final because i have only heard of mobile number contacts on MSN 7.0.0803!!!! like patchou can you tell me how???  (Y)

[Image: jumbled.png]
05-12-2005 02:58 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by james13
Are you sure you are using MSN & final because i have only heard of mobile number contacts on MSN 7.0.0803!!!! like patchou can you tell me how???

in msn 7.0.0777 you CAN have that option (to add mobile only contacts) if your .net passport is for instance .gmail or .sympatico (i think that nearly anything other than hotmail)

if it is a HOTMAIL account, your location needs to be US in order to have that option.

This post was edited on 05-12-2005 at 07:50 PM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

05-12-2005 07:45 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
oh ok, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.
05-13-2005 02:36 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Joa
if it is a HOTMAIL account, your location needs to be US in order to have that option.
UK too ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-13-2005 07:21 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: