What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Quick Request, Shouldn't be hard.

Quick Request, Shouldn't be hard.
Author: Message:
Kruxx

O.P. Quick Request, Shouldn't be hard.
Well I was wondering if there's a plugin, or could be a plugin developed to do the following:

There would be a configuration screen with the list of your contacts... You could a tickbox the side of the contact, which would actually command messenger to automatically open conversations with this particular contact the next time, and every time they sign in. If you follow me so far, there could also be a small textbox the side of the tickbox which allows you to enter a quick greeting for the contact.

E.g.

<contact name> - Open conversation when contact signs in? [tickbox]
---------------------- Message to be displayed: [textbox].
05-15-2005 08:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Quick Request, Shouldn't be hard.
you can already use this sort of thing in msgplus! but u need a message... just set a comeback message to 'Hi!' or something and it will send it thus opening a conversation :)

to set a comeback message goto ur contact list, rightclick a contact, messenger plus! extras, Set comeback message... :)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
05-15-2005 08:43 PM
Kruxx

O.P. RE: Quick Request, Shouldn't be hard.
I know about the come back message, but does this last ...forever, as it were? Or would you need to keep setting the come-back message after everytime the contact signs out? To me that seems too long and monotonous... Would be nice to just have a little permanent plugin..
05-15-2005 10:01 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kruxx
I know about the come back message, but does this last ...forever, as it were? Or would you need to keep setting the come-back message after everytime the contact signs out? To me that seems too long and monotonous... Would be nice to just have a little permanent plugin..
if u set it to expire on date 1/1/3000 then it will basically be forever...

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
05-15-2005 10:02 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kruxx
mind you that not many people would find this very usefull and even find it annoying that they constantly will recieve a message from you! (Hence it is not a feature which will be most likely be added to MSN Messenger, and certainly not in Messenger Plus! as a seperate feature)

You can find it usefull, but I bet many of your contacts wont...

And I really can't see the use of simply openening a conversation window with someone without saying/typing something, everytime they come online.

This post was edited on 05-15-2005 at 10:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-15-2005 10:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kruxx

O.P. RE: Quick Request, Shouldn't be hard.
The point is for lazy people like myself Lol, I know I could click the toast..but I'm simply lazy :D and the point of ticking certain contacts would be that you could choose those you frequently chat to, therefore they wouldn't be annoyed by you speaking to them...
05-15-2005 11:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
With all respect but don't be lazy and move your arm 2 centimeters and click with your mouse on a toast, it is why it is there...

And speaking regulary to some contacts doesn't not mean they will not be annoyed like hell if they get a message immediatly and each time they log on.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-15-2005 11:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
red3vil

The dutch in a rush.

– / Male / –
dont forget peepz that have slow comps and auto login in messenger.... have a nice boot :P

personally i would block you if you allways open  convo when i login or appear online :(
RedWhiteBlue
      pride
05-17-2005 11:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: