What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Request - Mobile Buddies

Poll: Would this feature be a suitable addition to Messenger Plus!
Yes (I'd use it)
Yes (i wouldn't use it, but hell put it in)
No..
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feature Request - Mobile Buddies
Author: Message:
MorphUnreal

O.P. Feature Request - Mobile Buddies
okay, it's not so much of a big deal.

Okay, so sending sms' now costs money, and i no longer want to have mobile contacts appear as mobile contacts, rather just based on their actual status (online/offline). So i was wondering if there could be an option to get groups back to just 'offline users' and 'online users', removing the whole concept of having "mobile" contacts (for viewing by STATUS primarily).

Also, for when viewing by GROUPS rather than status, mobile buddies will count to the tally of online users, rather than being percieved as offline.

eg "(4/12)" could mean 1 person is actually online, and 3 people are "mobile contacts", if one of those mobile contacts logs on, the tally wont change.

So, either i don't want them to count to the overall tally, or they should have a different tally system for when viewing by groups. ie (3/4/12) means 3 online users, 4 mobile users, 12 total users in this group.

edit:

for some, by using "group mobile contacts together", it only removes contacts when viewing by groups, and puts them in a separate group called "mobile", rather than leaving them in the group to which they were allocated, and making them offline/ not count to online totals. Also, this does not make the "mobile" group dissappear when viewing by status, as described above.

This post was edited on 05-18-2005 at 11:17 AM by MorphUnreal.
05-18-2005 09:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Request - Mobile Buddies
quote:
Originally posted by MorphUnreal
make the tallies "1/3/12" (for 1 online users, 3 mobile users, 12 total users)
By sorting your contact list by online/offline there will be three groups: Online, Mobile and Offline. Isn't this what you want already?
05-18-2005 09:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
As Tochjo said you can arrange them in the groups, maybe we are misunderstanding but you go to:

[Image: contacts6kw.jpg]

This post was edited on 05-18-2005 at 10:06 AM by mwe99.
05-18-2005 09:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
mwe99, you've missed the option he needs (it's in the screenie though ;)) - 'Group Mobile Contacts Together' :)
If you do the same with Offline contacts MorphUnreal, the tally will change to something like (5) for each group, which will mean 'This many people are genuinely actually online'.

Edit: I'd vote, but there's no 'it's in MSN Messenger' :P

This post was edited on 05-18-2005 at 11:07 AM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-18-2005 11:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MorphUnreal

O.P. RE: Feature Request - Mobile Buddies
Uh.. close raceprouk

that option removes users from whatever group they are in when they are "mobile" and puts them in a separate mobile group.

Also, when viewing by status, it keeps them in a "mobile" status, rather than offline..

This post was edited on 05-18-2005 at 11:13 AM by MorphUnreal.
05-18-2005 11:11 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
It's the best there is atm. At least the online tallies are correct with that on.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
05-18-2005 11:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
Just another one of Microsoft's many annoyances, I guess. Maybe you should encourage these contacts to disable the Mobile feature in their options? I'm guessing that most people aren't even aware that they've turned it on, and even if they are they probably aren't aware of the tremendoes fee involved in receiving messages sent from Messenger*...

*I don't know if this is the case everywhere; I just know that MS charge money for this service in Denmark. Also I don't know if it's still a tremendoes fee, but the last time I checked it was the equivalent of 0.17 USD, way too much compared to normal text messages...
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
05-18-2005 01:24 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: