What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM8.5 New email - contacts appear offline and other problems

WLM8.5 New email - contacts appear offline and other problems
Author: Message:
relic

O.P. WLM8.5 New email - contacts appear offline and other problems
I recently changed my Windows Live email that I use to connect to messenger and I have a problem.

My contacts are correctly on the new email, but none of them I've talked to has recieved the box that askes them if they want to add me or not add me.

Also, when I add somebody new, they get the box but when they accept it, I am on appear offline to them and they are on appear offline to me.

Also, if somebody else adds me as a new contact (I tested this with another email I used for certain contacts) I do not even get the box.

Can anybody help me? It has not been 48 hours yet and I understand that might be the issue, however I'm finding it weird that none of my friends are getting the box to add me, even if I won't appear online until after 48 hours.

Thanks for any help.
01-17-2009 04:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM8.5 New email - contacts appear offline and other problems
Did you create a account or did you change your email in the Live account options? Changing it in the options doesn't work, at least it didn't for me and others have said it doesn't work as well.
[Image: signature.php]
01-17-2009 05:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
relic

O.P. RE: WLM8.5 New email - contacts appear offline and other problems
Ok so I'll try changing that email back and making a brand new accoubtn with the new email. Thanks.
01-17-2009 06:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: WLM8.5 New email - contacts appear offline and other problems
quote:
Originally posted by relic
Ok so I'll try changing that email back and making a brand new accoubtn with the new email. Thanks.
Yeah, I think that's the best thing you can do at the moment. Changing your e-mail back to the original one should fix any issues. I actually tried this myself not too long ago, and TReKiE then told me about the problems.
[Image: signature.php]
01-17-2009 08:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: