What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN 7.0 problem... help please?

MSN 7.0 problem... help please?
Author: Message:
RissaLynn

– / Female / –
O.P. MSN 7.0 problem... help please?
When I open MSN Messenger (7.0), my contact's names don't show up. The only thing that shows up is a blank space by the online/offline picture. If I hover the mouse over the blank space, the yellow box with their e-mail/name shows up like normal. Every time people sign in or I get an e-mail, an empty blue box comes up instead of one with their name. If I try to open a conversation with someone, it says that "We were unable to start a conversation with (insert name here). You may want to try again."

I've ran virus scans, uninstalled MSN Plus! and tried logging in without it, contacted technical support, etc... and nothing will help. Any ideas? Here's a screen shot. It's small, but you can see that you can't see their names, only dashes if they have dashes in their names. Could it be something font related? I don't understand! :(

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/RissaLynn/stupidmsn.bmp

05-19-2005 04:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: MSN 7.0 problem... help please?
This is an on-going problem with the current version of MSN Messenger. Nobody has the answer of why this happens, I'm sure that it's just a MSN Messenger bug that cannot be fixed until a new version is released. Although, I do not get this problem.

Are you running the latest version of MSN Messenger (7.0.813) & Windows Messenger (5.1), if not then:

MSN Messenger

Windows Messenger
05-19-2005 06:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RissaLynn

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: MSN 7.0 problem... help please?
Whew, thank you! I'm just glad to hear it's not only my computer...
05-19-2005 12:43 PM
Jake999

RE: MSN 7.0 problem... help please?
this on other post i just answer haha my fren has same problem and not know how fix =/
05-19-2005 10:33 PM
RissaLynn

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: MSN 7.0 problem... help please?
Ah, I fixed it. I kept working at it and I finally got it to work. I had already uninstalled InfoPen or whatever it was called (the handwriting tool) but there were still files lurking around that were causing MSN to mess up. Then I reinstalled completely just to make sure. :) It works! *cheers*
05-20-2005 04:06 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: