What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [UPDATE 6/6] AdControl test version (former media controller on adspace)

Pages: (11): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
[UPDATE 6/6] AdControl test version (former media controller on adspace)
Author: Message:
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: AdControl test version (former media controller on adspace)
Alright guys, I've been ill for a few days, and now I continued this project again :)
I've been working on the patching system, and it works quite fine now. It also supports patched-versions of msn (although this still needs some improvement).

I also realised that soft-patching might be better instead, but I didn't have time yet to look how that works (anyone can help me on that perhaps?).

Also, I don't know when you can expect a new downloadable version yet. I guess I have to catch up with my schoolwork first ;)
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
06-05-2005 07:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: AdControl test version (former media controller on adspace)
Cool, if you do skins, try to make it look like the WMP10 bar for the WMP one :D
06-06-2005 06:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Yousef

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [UPDATE 6/6] AdControl test version (former media controller on adspace)
I uploaded a new version, go ahead and give it a try, check out the main post.
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
06-06-2005 07:08 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
RE: [UPDATE 6/6] AdControl test version (former media controller on adspace)
quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
I uploaded a new version, go ahead and give it a try, check out the main post.

Thanks for the update, I've been waiting for an iTunes conroller for this and the plugin version looks great.

* Zephyr tests the plugin
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-06-2005 07:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
When the final version is released, I hope there will be "something" inside the configuration of the plugin in Messenger Plus!'s settings. Now it's just the About-box there. I want WinAmp to be default, not WMP. And some others probably want iTunes to be default. Besides that, I have no negative comments, a great plugin! (Y)

Uh.... one more thing, the WinAmp controller buttons inside the conversation wasn't the nicest looking buttons I've seen... It isn't possible to see any difference between STOP and PAUSE! :S What about using the buttons from WinAmps own "Windowshade mode" (the button between Minimize and Close in the upper right of WinAmp's main window) instead of something that looks like redused sized normal buttons...?
06-06-2005 08:12 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by einum
Uh.... one more thing, the WinAmp controller buttons inside the conversation wasn't the nicest looking buttons I've seen... It isn't possible to see any difference between STOP and PAUSE! :S What about using the buttons from WinAmps own "Windowshade mode" (the button between Minimize and Close in the upper right of WinAmp's main window) instead of something that looks like redused sized normal buttons...?
Please read the update on the first post.. Here.. I'll Quote it for you...
quote:
Also you do not need to comment the skins yet. This release is just to test whether it works for most users. I know the winamp buttons in the conv window are terribly small, this will all be improved.

Anyways.. :D.. Nice work Juzzi... I really like the screenshot.. :D.. Will try this later tonight, or maybe tomorrow... It looks really promising as usual.. :D...
Keep up the work man! :D...
06-06-2005 08:21 PM
einum

Freude am Fahren

49 / Male / –
RE: RE: [UPDATE 6/6] AdControl test version (former media controller on adspace)
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)Please read the update on the first post.. Here.. I'll Quote it for you...
Ups! :$ Sorry 'bout that!

EDIT: I found something that I feel is a major disadvantage of this plugin, it hijackes my MSN Today page with AdControl-buttons there too! 8o|

EDIT2: I found a bigger disadvantage: It hijackes the games pages with AdControl buttons too! :@

*AdControl removed*

And the old one, that worked perfectly for me.... Of course I already deleted the install-file! :(

This post was edited on 06-07-2005 at 10:02 AM by einum.
06-06-2005 08:27 PM
Yousef

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [UPDATE 6/6] AdControl test version (former media controller on adspace)
quote:
When the final version is released, I hope there will be "something" inside the configuration of the plugin in Messenger Plus!'s settings. Now it's just the About-box there. I want WinAmp to be default, not WMP. And some others probably want iTunes to be default. Besides that, I have no negative comments, a great plugin!
I'll add some configuration options :).
quote:
I found something that I feel is a major disadvantage of this plugin, it hijackes my MSN Today page with AdControl-buttons there too!
Lol, that will be fixed :p. Tanks for reporting.
edit: hmm, I'll have to look at that games thing as well :)

If anyone has some spare time left, feel free to try making a skin for a media controller. Take a look at the Adcontrol dir inside the plugins dir or just post some images of play/pause etc. buttons :d

One more question: do you guys think that when you change the page in a convo window, all convo windows should change to that page, or is the current way fine (change just the one you clicked)? (keep in mind there will be a default-page-feature, as stated before)

This post was edited on 06-07-2005 at 05:25 AM by Yousef.
06-07-2005 04:36 AM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:
One more question: do you guys think that when you change the page in a convo window, all convo windows should change to that page, or is the current way fine (change just the one you clicked)? (keep in mind there will be a default-page-feature, as stated before)
I personally think that it would be better in all conversation windows for a few main reasons.
  • If it was only in one window you could stop talking to a person but you would have to keep their window open (or start the plug-in with another person) which could be annoying
  • Because it is only a thin bar which I dont think anybody really looks at much I dont see the problem in having it in all windows
  • It could be a hassle finding the right conversation if you are talking to many people and the media controller is only in one of the windows

Just my views, other people may obviously think differently
Keep up the amazing work Juzzi
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

06-07-2005 05:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Leif

81 / Male / –
Hmmm... Just installed the update. Result: got the ads back! 8o|
06-07-2005 06:26 AM
Pages: (11): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: